Russell Crowe, Ridley Scotts age old professional relationship on the rocks?December 23rd, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 23 (ANI): The age old professional relationship of Hollywood actor Russell Crowe and director Ridley Scott, who have together given major hits like Gladiator, A Good Year and many more, seem to have hit a rough patch.
Its been reported that the constant tension between Crowe and Scott, who are currently shooting Nottingham, can bring the fruitful partnership to an abrupt end.
Although representatives of both the celebrities deny any kind of friction between the two, sources reveal that Crowe blames Scott for the shameful defeat of their fourth collaboration, “Body of Lies,” received from critics, and no longer wants to work with the British director and vice-versa.
“Ridley is the only one who is willing to stand up to Russell and tell him he’’s too fat and that he can”t show up four hours late to the set, He [Russell] wants someone he can control, the New York Post quoted a source, as saying.
The Gladiator actor is also known as a notoriously hot-tempered man, He is reportedly forcing George Freeman of William Morris, the agent who represents both Crowe and Scott, to get Scott replaced.
However a spokesman for Freeman has denied any such claims.
“There is absolutely no truth to this. Crowe, Scott and Nottingham producer Brian Grazer had a preproduction meeting last week, and everything was full speed ahead, Freemans spokesman said. (ANI)
- Ridley Scott to miss Cannes screening of Robin Hood - May 11, 2010
- Russell Crowe to star in kung fu movie - Sep 15, 2010
- Russell Crowe demands chopper rides to film set - Jun 13, 2009
- Russell Crowe Starer "Robin Hood" Trailer Is Out - Dec 16, 2009
- Russell Crowe lashes out at late Gladiator co-star Oliver Reed - May 08, 2010
- Russell Crowe not dead, says rep - Jun 11, 2010
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010
- Russell Crowe buys film crew worker new car - Jul 20, 2009
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Russell Crowe lands Hollywood star - Mar 30, 2010
- Russell Crowe demands to be flown daily to Robin Hood film set - Jun 12, 2009
- Scott to miss 'Robin Hood' premiere at Cannes - May 11, 2010
- Crowe nearly quit 'Robin Hood' over script issues - Apr 06, 2010
- Russell Crowe too fat to star in Robin Hood flick? - Jan 01, 2009
- 'Robin Hood' leaves you wanting for more (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: brian grazer, british director, director ridley scott, friction, fruitful partnership, full speed, george freeman, gladiator, good year, hollywood actor, new york dec, new york post, producer brian, professional relationship, ridley scott, ridley scotts, rough patch, russell crowe, spokesman, william morris