Russell Crowe Replaces Late Heath Ledger In Australian Film Dirt MusicAugust 10th, 2010 - 6:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 10, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Hollywood actor Russell Crowe of Gladiator fame has replaced the late actor Heath Ledger in the forthcoming Australian movie Dirt Music. The movie is an adaptation of a Booker prize shortlisted novel by Tim Winton.
Initially, Ledger was signed to play the male lead role in the film opposite Rachel Weisz. But, the actor left the project to take up the role of the Joker in The Dark Knight. Moreover, the actor passed away in 2008 thus clearing the way for Crowe.
Phillip Noyce, the director of the film, has now confirmed that the movie will start rolling with Russell Crowe in the lead.
He added, “We were almost prepared with the money and the lead actors Heath and Rachel Weisz. But, then Health wanted to play the Joker so none could argue with that. It took some time to find out someone suitable to play the lead role “Luther’.”
With Dirt Music, Crowe will be seen in an Australian movie in more than a decade.
- Crowe replaces Ledger in Australian film - Aug 07, 2010
- I'm directing 'Wenceslas Square': Phillip Noyce - Jul 16, 2010
- Russell Crowe to appear in first Australian feature - Aug 06, 2010
- Russell Crowe not starring in 'Westworld' remake - Sep 08, 2010
- Russell Crowe to star in 'Les Miserable' - Sep 10, 2011
- Russell Crowe may replace Heath Ledger in Dirt Music - Nov 12, 2008
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Russell Crowe To Play Troubleshooter' In His Next Film - Jun 19, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Helena Bonham Carter to star in 'Les Miserables' - Sep 12, 2011
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- Rachel Weisz To Appear In Stage Production Of Hare’s Play In 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- Russell Crowe to direct feature film - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: actor heath, actors, adaptation, august 10, australian film, booker prize, dark knight, decade, dirt music, fame, gladiator, heath ledger, hollywood actor, joker, lead role, novel, rachel weisz, russell crowe, shortlisted, tim winton