Russell Crowe quit smoking for his kidsJuly 28th, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 28 (ANI): Russell Crowe has confessed that he left his 36-years of smoking habit due to his son, Charlie, who saw him stub out a late-night cigarette.
At a frank press conference the actor, 46, hinted he smoked up to 18,000 cigarettes a year for most of his life, said smoking remained a huge temptation but one he would not go back to.
“Do the maths - I have been smoking for 36 years, I would continuously lie to myself about how much I smoked,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
“[I was] smoking 40 on an easy day, but on a day when I would be up at 4am and still up at midnight, then it was 60-plus and it just got to the point where my body was telling me I had to stop.”
“The reality break was that my kids never saw me smoke and Charlie is a little older at six and is in that phase where he is sneaking up on me all the time.”
“I was in my office . . . and I thought I heard my office door open and I looked around and couldn’t see anything, so I had my cigarette.”
“Later on I leant over to put my cigarette out and he was lying between the couch and the table and he very definitely saw me having a smoke. And that was my very last one,” he added. (ANI)
- Russell Crowe quit smoking for son - Jul 29, 2010
- Crowe trying to keep away from cigarettes - Jun 04, 2010
- Charlie Sheen's death reports are 'reckless lies' - Nov 01, 2010
- Mancini tells Balotelli to stop smoking - Dec 31, 2011
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- Harvey Weinstein was almost arrested for smoking in plane bathroom - Mar 08, 2011
- Russell Crowe doesn't want his sons to become actors - May 17, 2010
- Sam Worthington was advised by Russell Crowe on how to handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- Michael Blake gives mathematical constant Pi a musical note - Mar 14, 2011
- Danielle Spencer, Russell Crowe prefer keeping kids in control - Oct 31, 2010
- 'Charlie the Smoking Chimp' dies at 52 - Oct 07, 2010
- Russell Crowe joins cast of theatre epic 'Ben Hur' - Jul 27, 2010
- Cannabis turned Pitt into 'doughnut' - Jan 26, 2012
- Crowe helps Worthington handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- Von Teese slams smoking - May 14, 2012