Russell Crowe demands to be flown daily to Robin Hood film setJune 12th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 12 (ANI): Aussie actor Russell Crowe is making demands to be flown daily by helicopter from Windsor to Wales for the filming of his new movie Robin Hood.
Crowe, 45, who does not want to stay near the set in Cardiff when filming begins, has insisted that producers provide helicopter flights costing thousands of pounds a time to ferry him from the Windsor mansion where he is living.
He is asking to be picked up each morning from the gardens of the sprawling home, and flown back at night after filming ends.
However, director Ridley Scott is not too keen about the idea.
It was reported earlier this week that Ridley and Crowe, who teamed up for the Oscar-winning Gladiator, were at loggerheads over other issues, and that the film’s producers allegedly had to fly to Britain from LA to mediate between the pair.
“The producers had to fly in because Russell and Ridley won’t talk to each other. Every time they stop filming, it costs the production millions of dollars,” the Mirror quoted an insider as saying. (ANI)
- Russell Crowe demands chopper rides to film set - Jun 13, 2009
- Ridley Scott to miss Cannes screening of Robin Hood - May 11, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Russell Crowe Starer "Robin Hood" Trailer Is Out - Dec 16, 2009
- Playing Robin Hood made me feel 20 years young: Russell Crowe - Apr 28, 2010
- "Robin Hood" Fails To Impress - May 16, 2010
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010
- Russell Crowe lands Hollywood star - Mar 30, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' leaves you wanting for more (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 11, 2010
- Russell Crowe's new film touted as the "ultimate" Robin Hood film - Dec 02, 2009
- Russell Crowe, Ridley Scott 'caught up in new tiff' - Jun 10, 2009
- Ridley Scott wants 'Robin Hood' sequel - May 02, 2010
- Crowe shocked co-stars by throwing log at Prince! - May 12, 2010
- Russell Crowe's 'Robin Hood' opens the Cannes Film Festival - May 12, 2010
- Ridley Scott's 'Robin Hood' to open annual Cannes Film Festival - Mar 27, 2010
Tags: cardiff, director ridley scott, fly, gladiator, helicopter flights, insider, loggerheads, london, mirror, producers, ridley scott, robin hood, robin hood film, russell crowe, wales, windsor mansion