Russell Crowe convinced his son would grow up to be an actorNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:10 am ICT by admin
While the actor was promoting his new film ‘American Gangster’ with co-star Denzel Washington, young Charlie decided to grab the microphone and Crowe was unable to stop him.
“I was doing a press conference… and I had Charlie with me. He wanted to come in with me to… the radio press conference, so I thought, ‘That’ll be all right. I’ll just bring him in there, and sit him on my knee,’ Contactmusic quoted Crowe, as saying.
“There’s four microphones in there, two facing Denzel and two facing me. I’ve got Charlie on my lap and the very first thing he does is lean over and twist one of the microphones over to him.
“So I twisted it back and he gave me a look like, ‘Buddy!’ So he twists it back and I said, ‘Look, we’ve talked about this. You can’t be noisy and stuff, it’s an interview.’ He says, ‘Daddy, I would like to tell a joke.’
“And then he proceeded, in front of these 30 journalists, to tell his favourite joke at the moment, which is: ‘How do you stop a baby from crawling? You pull off its arms and legs.’
“He went through a couple more jokes and stuff and I said, ‘We’ve actually got to get on with the interview, so why don’t you just sit there quietly.’
“And he’s a very honest kid and he said, ‘Dad, I would rather do my tricks and make lots of noise.’ (I said), ‘OK, You go in the corridor for a minute then,’” he added. (ANI)
- Denzel Washington fails to impress his kids - Feb 16, 2012
- Chris Pine Is In Awe Of Denzil Washington! - Nov 01, 2010
- Assault with a deadly French fry (The Funny Side) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sam Worthington was advised by Russell Crowe on how to handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- Crowe helps Worthington handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- 'Stable Pakistan can re-set ties with US' - Mar 18, 2012
- Damon plans to reunite with Affleck - Jan 17, 2011
- Bret Michaels urges Charlie Sheen to 'work out demons' - Mar 03, 2011
- Jolie hasn't seen all her movies - Sep 02, 2011
- Pete Doherty stops taking drugs - Feb 18, 2012
- Southee remains calm over comments against cricketer's reputation - Mar 13, 2011
- We're having two weddings on two consecutive days: Ram Charan Teja - Jun 12, 2012
- Russell Crowe quit smoking for son - Jul 29, 2010
- Russell Crowe Storms Out of Interview, Insulted By Accent Comment - May 15, 2010
- Longoria warned against stealing - May 04, 2012
Tags: american gangster, arms and legs, co star, corridor, denzel washington, grab, jokes, magic tricks, microphones, new film, press conference, press junket, proceeded, quietly, realised, russell crowe, son charlie, tell a joke, twists