Russell Brand to salvage charity that helped him beat drug problemsJanuary 12th, 2009 - 1:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 12 (ANI): British comedian Russell Brand has offered his support to the charity that helped him overcome his drug problems.
Brand, a former heroin addict, credits charity Focus 12 for helping to beat his drug issues.
However, the charity faces closure after the British government stopped funding it.
And now Brand has extended his support by joining a campaign to keep the charity open.
“Thankfully, we have two high-level patrons without whom I don”t think we would have survived. Both are still very much a part of the charity and want to help,” Contactmusic quoted Focus 21 boss Chip Somers, as saying. (ANI)
- Brand regrets not helping Winehouse - Aug 13, 2012
- I was darker than alcoholic Arthur: Russell Brand - Feb 27, 2011
- Russell Brand still battles drug cravings - Aug 05, 2012
- Brand to receive Man of the Year award - Oct 29, 2011
- Russell Brand is 'No.1 priority' for Katy Perry - Apr 09, 2011
- Brand to make documentary on drugs - Apr 08, 2012
- Brand wants to be a loyal husband - Dec 10, 2010
- Brand wants to have sex with Olympians - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Group sex is like an Olympic event': Russell Brand - Apr 17, 2011
- Katy Perry And Russell Brand To Start Charity Foundation - Dec 24, 2010
- Perry, Brand hope to start charity - Dec 24, 2010
- Russell Brand is eccentric: Rose Byrne - Jun 13, 2011
- Russell Brand supports anti-capitalist campaign - Oct 21, 2011
- Brand dating Hasselhoff's ex - May 03, 2012
- Russell Brand wants to win Oscar - Jun 23, 2010