Russell Brand still battles drug cravingsAugust 5th, 2012 - 2:30 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 5 (IANS) British comedian Russell Brand has revealed that he still craves for drugs.
Brand, who battled drug addiction, made the confession while filming BBC Three documentary “Russell Brand: From Addiction to Recovery”, due to air in Britain this month, reports thesun.co.uk.
A clip shows Brand watches a recording of himself smoking heroin in an apartment here, and despite being clean from drugs for 10 years, he admits he still has cravings.
“This is when you know it’s a disease. It doesn’t matter that I sat in that flat (apartment) in Hackney and now I’m in the Savoy (Hotel). I’m jealous of me then. It doesn’t make a difference to me. The money, the fame, the power, the sex, the women - none of it. I’d rather be a drug addict,” he said in the documentary.
Brand, however, said he is aware of the negative impact of drugs.
“Heroin is a greedy drug, it’ll take everything. First it’ll take your money. Then it’ll take your friends, your family, your car, your house. Then it’s going to take bits of your body,” he added.
- 'Group sex is like an Olympic event': Russell Brand - Apr 17, 2011
- Kareena gets the brandwagon for 'Heroine' - Aug 31, 2012
- Brand wants to have sex with Olympians - Aug 09, 2012
- Katy Perry's new boyfriend moving to LA - Jul 17, 2012
- Russell Brand still loves Katy - May 19, 2012
- Nick Cannon is gaining weight because of Mariah Carey's cooking - Jan 31, 2011
- Perry grateful Brand free of heroin addiction - Jul 26, 2011
- Brand regrets not helping Winehouse - Aug 13, 2012
- Brand wants to be a loyal husband - Dec 10, 2010
- Perry, Brand hope to start charity - Dec 24, 2010
- Russell Brand prefers gardening over sex after marriage - Mar 24, 2011
- Alcohol can help brain to learn, remember better - Apr 13, 2011
- Cheryl Cole experimented with her looks - Nov 22, 2011
- Brand to make documentary on drugs - Apr 08, 2012
- Drugs, drinks have made Ozzy Osbourne forget daughter's b'day - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: 10 years, bbc, brand watches, british comedian, comedian russell, confession, cravings, drug addict, drug addiction, drugs, fame, flat apartment, hackney, heroin, london, money, negative impact, russell brand, savoy hotel