Russell Brand proposed to Katy Perry with elephant ride in IndiaJanuary 8th, 2010 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
New York. Jan 8 (ANI): Katy Perry has spilled the details about her whirlwind relationship with comedian Russell Brand.
In the newest issue of Glamour magazine, the singer said: “I’m excited to find a partner who can just be my teammate.”
The couple met while on the set for the film ‘Get Him to the Greek,’ in which Perry had a cameo appearance.
“My scene called for me to make out with him. And on the way down the stairs after the scene, I was hopping like a bunny. I hop like a bunny when I’m happy - I get a bit childlike,” the New York Daily News quoted Perry as saying.
People.com reports that the couple, who became engaged while vacationing in India over the winter holidays, stayed in one of the presidential suites of the five-star Taj Rambagh Palace hotel.
The funny man requested hotel staff to set up a unique dining experience for the couple, according to the U.K.’s Sun.
“We set a table in a garden with candles everywhere. They arrived in a horse and carriage with a glass of champagne and we served them dinner,” a hotel worker said.
The couple is said to have had their romantic meal under the stars and were treated to New Year’s fireworks at midnight while sitting on an elephant - a request specially made by Brand.
Brand proposed to Perry on New Year’s Eve after the 25-year-old singer reportedly found a ring hidden in some flowers.
A source said: “She immediately said ‘Yes’. After that they requested 45 minutes privacy. They looked like they were beautifully in love.” (ANI)
- How Russell Brand proposed to Katy Perry - Jan 08, 2010
- Russell arranged elephant ride for Perry in India - Jan 07, 2010
- How Russell Brand popped the question to Katy Perry in India - Jan 07, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to tie knot in Hindu rituals - Oct 15, 2010
- Russell Brand’s Big Fat Indian Wedding - Oct 15, 2010
- Katy Perry's 'Wide Awake' Video: Singer punches her Prince Charming - Jun 20, 2012
- Perry locks message for Brand in song - May 22, 2012
- Honoured to play in India: Katy Perry - Apr 03, 2012
- My wedding won't be lavish, says Brand (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to have 7 day Indian wedding - Oct 04, 2010
- Brand still carries Perry's tattoo - Mar 31, 2012
- Rambagh Palace has no bookings by Katy-Russell on D-day - Oct 19, 2010
- Rihanna to help Perry find new man - Feb 25, 2012
- I had tough time last year: Katy Perry - Jun 09, 2012
- Katy Perry wants privacy ahead of wedding - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: cameo appearance, comedian russell, elephant, elephant ride, fireworks, five star, funny man, glamour magazine, glass of champagne, horse and carriage, hotel staff, hotel worker, new york daily news, rambagh palace hotel, romantic meal, russell brand, stairs, teammate, winter holidays, york daily news