Russell Brand And Katy Perry To Have Seven-Day Wedding In IndiaOctober 5th, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar,
British actor Russell Brand and fiance singer Katy Perry will soon tie a knot in India. They are planning to make their wedding as special as possible. For that, they have opted for a seven day long Indian wedding ceremony. Katy Perry says that she wants to make the D-day special and different.
The couple will be inviting about a hundred guests for their wedding, which would include, Jonathan Ross, Morrissey, Rihanna, Noel Gallagher, David Walliams and Taylor Swift. The guests will be received in a posh resort in India, and the wedding ceremony would take place in an ashram, in the end of October. Katy Perry has appointed a Lebanese fashion designer, Reem Acra to design the dresses for the seven day event. She said that she wants to incorporate some traditional Indian theme to her wedding, like application of “heena” art (Mehendi) on her palms and feet, adorning her head with “taira” and hair brooches.
The pop singer says that she wants her dress to be well ornamented and her hair to be softly curled. Her dress should be a blend of 1940s look with a dash of her personal quirky style. She says her style is “less cute, more miaow” and it should be designed accordingly. The couple chose to get married in India because the place is very special to them. They got engaged in India on the New Year’s eve of the last year, at the Taj Rambagh Palace hotel in Jaipur. Even in that occasion they were blessed with certain Indian spiritual ceremony. Katy Perry, 25, and Russel Brand, 35, have appointed Mindy Weiss, to arrange the event.
- Brand, Perry to have seven-day wedding in India - Oct 04, 2010
- Perry And Brand Plan To Have A Seven Day Long Wedding In India - Oct 05, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to have 7 day Indian wedding - Oct 04, 2010
- Hindus want Russell Brand to solemnize wedding with proper Hindu rituals - Oct 05, 2010
- Katy Perry 'adorned in Indian jewellery as she lands in Indian' - Oct 21, 2010
- Indian Maharani Syle Wedding For Katie Perry - Oct 22, 2010
- Katy Perry: No Intimacy Before Marriage - Oct 19, 2010
- Katy Perry wants to wear an Indian tiara for her wedding - Oct 04, 2010
- Russell Brand To Arrive On White Horse To Wed Fiancé Katy Perry - Oct 23, 2010
- Hindus ask Brand-Perry to take marriage seriously as it is a sacred rite - Oct 17, 2010
- Katy Perry : Russel Brand Is "Man Of God" - Nov 06, 2010
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand plan to wear latex outfits at their wedding - Jun 23, 2010
- Russell Brand And Katy Perry's “Very Normal” Wedding To Take Place This Weekend - Oct 20, 2010
- Morrissey to sing at Katy Perry and Russell Brand's wedding - Jul 30, 2010
- Russell arranged elephant ride for Perry in India - Jan 07, 2010
Tags: british actor, d day, david walliams, fashion designer, gallagher david, hotel in jaipur, indian wedding ceremony, jonathan ross, meena, mehendi, mindy weiss, noel gallagher, posh resort, quirky style, rambagh palace hotel, rihanna, russell brand, spiritual ceremony, taj rambagh palace hotel, taylor swift