Russell Brand and Katy Perry to have 7 day Indian weddingOctober 4th, 2010 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 4 (ANI): Russell Brand and Katy Perry are planning an Indian wedding, which will last for an entire week.
‘Get Him To The Greek’ actor Russell and pop singer Katy sent out white embossed wedding invitations last week.
Guests - including Jonathan Ross, Noel Gallagher, David Walliams, Morrissey, Rihanna and Taylor Swift - have been asked to set aside a week in mid-October for the celebrations in India.
The stylish invites read: “Meet you in Delhi in October. Dates to follow. Please allow seven days for this event.”
The choice of country is significant to the couple - Katy, 25, and Russ, 35, got engaged at the Taj Rambagh Palace hotel in Jaipur on New Year’s Eve and were blessed in a spiritual ceremony days later.
They have been planning their wedding ever since. And they aren’t scrimping on the festivities.
“It will be at the end of October and will last for seven days. About 75 to 100 guests will be staying at a resort in India and the ceremony is going to be held at an ashram. Katy hired Mindy Weiss to arrange it,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying. (ANI)
- Brand, Perry to have seven-day wedding in India - Oct 04, 2010
- Russell Brand And Katy Perry To Have Seven-Day Wedding In India - Oct 05, 2010
- Perry And Brand Plan To Have A Seven Day Long Wedding In India - Oct 05, 2010
- Hindus want Russell Brand to solemnize wedding with proper Hindu rituals - Oct 05, 2010
- Hindus ask Brand-Perry to take marriage seriously as it is a sacred rite - Oct 17, 2010
- Katy Perry 'adorned in Indian jewellery as she lands in Indian' - Oct 21, 2010
- Russell Brand turns to pals for wedding advice - Jun 29, 2010
- Gallagher weds girlfriend Sara Macdonald - Jun 20, 2011
- Katy Perry wants to wear an Indian tiara for her wedding - Oct 04, 2010
- Indian Maharani Syle Wedding For Katie Perry - Oct 22, 2010
- Family, friends attend Simpson's baby shower - Mar 19, 2012
- Russell Brand And Katy Perry's “Very Normal” Wedding To Take Place This Weekend - Oct 20, 2010
- Russell Brand ties the knot with Katy Perry in big, fat Indian jungle wedding - Oct 24, 2010
- Big fat Indian wedding for Katy Perry and Russell Brand - Apr 09, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to tie knot in Hindu rituals - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: celebrations in india, david walliams, festivities, gallagher david, greek actor, hotel in jaipur, indian wedding, jonathan ross, mindy weiss, morrissey, noel gallagher, pop singer, rambagh palace hotel, rihanna, russell brand, seven days, spiritual ceremony, taj rambagh palace hotel, taylor swift, wedding invitations