Russell Brand’s Big Fat Indian WeddingOctober 15th, 2010 - 6:52 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 15, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Russell Brand and Katy Perry who have decided to marry the Indian way are all set to embrace camels, horses and elephants as they wait for the D-day this month. Brand’s wedding to fiancée Katy Perry will be held in Jaipur in India later this month. The couple have not disclosed the date of their marriage as of yet, but media reports claim that the wedding is to take place at the Rambagh Palace in Jaipur, the same place where the British comedian proposed to his singer fiancée during the New Year.
It has been reported that a wedding procession will begin at the gates of the palace with the bridegroom being escorted into the palatial gardens on the back of a beautifully decorated horse, surrounded by camels and elephants. Russell Brand has opted for the traditional Rajasthani wedding where the groom is led to the marriage hall to the accompaniment of folk dancers in the state who greet the bridegroom with music, dance and fireworks, the inherent parts of any Indian celebration.
From the gates of the Rambagh Palace, the procession with Russell Brand at its lead, will proceed on to the gardens in the middle of which the exchange of vows is to take place. It has also been reported that Russell Brand will not only ride on a decorated horseback, but will be carried inside a buggi, the traditional horse-driven cart of Rajasthan.
The couple will however have to undergo a civil ceremony back in the US to make their marriage valid in the eyes of the US law.
– Sampurn Wire
- Indian Maharani Syle Wedding For Katie Perry - Oct 22, 2010
- My wedding won't be lavish, says Brand (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Hindus ask Brand-Perry to take marriage seriously as it is a sacred rite - Oct 17, 2010
- Katy Perry: No Intimacy Before Marriage - Oct 19, 2010
- Russell Brand To Arrive On White Horse To Wed Fiancé Katy Perry - Oct 23, 2010
- Katy Perry Finally Ties The Knot With Russell Brand - Oct 25, 2010
- Russell arranged elephant ride for Perry in India - Jan 07, 2010
- Russell Brand ties the knot with Katy Perry in big, fat Indian jungle wedding - Oct 24, 2010
- Katy Perry Ties The Knot With Russell Brand In Gala Indian Wedding - Oct 25, 2010
- (After 12) Cash registers jingle as foreigners wed in Rajasthan - Nov 02, 2010
- Rambagh Palace has no bookings by Katy-Russell on D-day - Oct 19, 2010
- Katy Perry 'adorned in Indian jewellery as she lands in Indian' - Oct 21, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Declared Man And Wife - Oct 26, 2010
- Mandap, flowers...Katy-Russell set for weekend wedding near Ranthambore - Oct 22, 2010
- Wedding will be normal: Russell Brand - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: accompaniment, bridegroom, british comedian, buggi, camels and elephants, civil ceremony, d day, driven cart, folk dancers, indian celebration, indian wedding, jaipur, marriage hall, music dance, rajasthani wedding, rambagh palace, russell brand, traditional horse, vows, wedding procession