‘Rush’ - Bejoy Nambiar’s big dream for small screenJuly 11th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) “Shaitaan” fame director Bejoy Nambiar is trying to bring much needed change on the small screen with his TV series “Rush”. He hopes that the show, which will be aired on MTV, manages to find its audience.
“We keep looking up at international shows all the time, we keep talking how the Indian TV scene is just not changing. Well, this (’MTV Rush’) is an attempt,” the 33-year-old said here Tuesday at the launch of the show’s promo.
Produced by model-actor Milind Soman, “Rush” tells the story of 12 teenagers at a college festival and also features niche musicians and indie bands.
“Rush” will be aired July 15 and it has actors like Shruti Haasan, Prateik, Milind Soman, Jaaved Jaffery in cameo appearances.
Nambiar has conceptualised the 13-episode show and said: “I don’t think there is anything like this on TV. We really hope it finds it’s audience who connect with it.”
While Nambiar has directed three episodes, other have been directed by his associate directors.
“We have tried to do something different. The idea was to try and do something which was not really expected in the Indian television format. All the directors, including me, have zero experience with TV.
“What is expected to be followed in TV formats, we had no idea. Each of us approached our episodes like we would approach a film. Each episode is like a short film,” he said.
- Shahid signs Bejoy Nambiar's next - May 13, 2012
- 'Shaitan' aggressive, violent promo out - Apr 29, 2011
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Supermodel image has faded over the years, say models - Nov 23, 2010
- I latch onto good talent: Anurag Kashyap - Mar 01, 2012
- Marriage talk makes Katrina uncomfortable (Movie Snippets) - Aug 12, 2012
- Milind Soman to run 550 km for a cause - May 20, 2011
- Actor Shiv Pandit picks new art - rolling joints! (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Prahlad Kakkar makes acting debut with 'David' - Feb 09, 2012
- A push for documentaries, courtesy Bollywood's Jaaved Jaaferi - Jan 14, 2012
- Milind Soman sets off on 1,500-km Greenathon - Apr 20, 2012
- It's always exciting to break rules: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Aug 08, 2010
- 'Shaitan' doesn't intend to have shock value: Gulshan Devaiya - May 30, 2011
- Viveik out of 'Shootout At Wadala' - Jan 14, 2012
- Bollywood overlooked Isha Sharvani's talent: KJo - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: associate directors, bejoy nambiar, cameo appearances, indian television, indian tv, indie bands, jaffery, launch, milind soman, mtv, musicians, niche, rush, short film, teenagers, television format, tv formats, tv scene, tv series, zero experience