Rupert Grint carries the Olympic torchJuly 26th, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rupert Grint who plays as Ronn in the famous Harry Potter films is the latest star to relay for the Olympic torch.
The star who gained immense popularity and fame because of his signature shocking red hair took the torch at Middlesex University and ran an entire mile where he was mobbed as he completed the run.
Rupert Grint is famously known for being a faithful friend of Harry Potter in the famous Harry Potter film known as “lent a touch of Hogwarts magic” on being asked what his experience was like running with the torch flame, the 23 year old actor said that he didn’t know what to expect as running is kind of new to him.
However, he opined that he was proud of being part of such a great historical event. The 70-day event has seen around 8000 people taking part in the event and covering a total of 8000 miles. The relay of the Olympic torch has crossed the United Kingdom and crossed into Ireland.
This tradition is common and usually observed a few days before the start of the Olympic Games. The relay is anticipated to end this Friday when the last torch bearer lights the torch hence marking the start of the London games at the Olympic stadium.
- Is Daniel Radcliffe Worried About Robert Pattinson's Increasing Popularity? - Nov 17, 2010
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Harry Potter movie studio tour to open in 2012 - Mar 05, 2011
- London 2012 organizers confirm route for Olympic Flame - Mar 19, 2012
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- Demand for Olympic torch soars - Jul 27, 2012
- 2012 Olympic torch lit in Ancient Olympia - May 10, 2012
- Drogba to run in Olympic torch relay - May 23, 2012
- Radcliffe wants to ink out Harry Potter image with tattoos - Nov 05, 2010
- Rupert Grint doesn't chase girls - Nov 30, 2011
- Life without Harry Potter 'will be scary, but exciting' for Radcliffe' - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Nov 20, 2010
- Rupert Grint struggled with small film sets after Harry Potter - Oct 06, 2010
- Olympic flame lit in Greece (Lead) - May 10, 2012
Tags: faithful friend, fame, few days, films, harry potter, harry potter film, immense popularity, lent, london games, magic, middlesex university, olympic games, olympic stadium, olympic torch, red hair, rupert grint, signature, torch bearer, torch flame, tradition