Rupert Friend Kiera defends Kiera Knightley’s anti-domestic violence adMay 11th, 2009 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 11 (ANI): Hollywood actress Keira Knightley’s beau Rupert Friend has jumped to her defense, as the latter has lashed out at Brit advertising Watchdog after her anti-domestic violence advert was banned from Brit television.
In the advert, the ‘Bend It Like Beckham’ actress can be seen battered by her boyfriend, who beats her to pulp after accusing her off dating her co-actor.
The advert where in Keira is kicked to the floor repeatedly was made for Britain charity Women’s Aid, but was eventually deemed too violent for the U.K. TV.
However, Friend does not seem to be happy with the decision, as he has called Clearcast’s decision “ridiculous”.
“I think that banning an advert because it is shocking is quite the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. What is shocking is that women are getting hit. The point is to shock people,” the Daily Star quoted Friend as telling the Telegraph. (ANI)
- Knightley cosies up with The Klaxons rocker - Apr 11, 2011
- Keira Knightley: Rupert Friend Are Just Friends Now - Jan 13, 2011
- Call for TV ban on Knightley's 'too violent' domestic violence ad - Apr 26, 2009
- Knightley, Friend call it splits - Jan 13, 2011
- Keira Knightley splits from boyfriend Rupert Friend after 5 years - Jan 13, 2011
- Keira Knighley splits with her boyfriend Rupert - Jan 13, 2011
- Keira Knightley steps out with mystery man - Feb 07, 2011
- New man in Kiera Knightly's life? - Feb 07, 2011
- Keira Knightley wins over critics with West End stage return - Feb 11, 2011
- Keira Knightley serves as bridesmaid at her brother's wedding - Apr 25, 2011
- Knightley's comic act - Jun 25, 2012
- Keira Knightley caught kissing James Righton - Apr 14, 2011
- Sick Keira Knightley misses premiere of beau's directorial debut - Oct 23, 2010
- Knightley buys $3 mn house - Feb 11, 2011
- Third time lucky Knightley - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: advert, bend it like beckham, charity, daily star, domestic violence, friend kiera, hollywood, hollywood actress, k tv, keira knightley, kiera knightley, london, rupert friend, telegraph, television, watchdog