Rumours of my rift with Akshaye nonsense: Arshad WarsiJune 20th, 2009 - 8:48 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, June 20 (IANS) Arshad Warsi is irritated with rumours that all is not well between him and Akshaye Khanna, his co-star in “Shortkut - The Con Is On”.
“I am so surprised that throughout the making of the film there was no (report of a) rift between the two actors. However, just when a film of theirs is round the corner, things start turning sour between them. Someone needs to really explain to me how and where does this actually happen,” Arshad told IANS.
Regarding the promotion of “Shortkut”, the actor clears the air around Akshaye and him not being seen together on a common platform.
“It’s all sheer nonsense when people write something or react to grapevine just for the sake of it. The fact is that I was severely jetlagged. I had travelled from New York to Macau and had serious issues with the time zone difference.
“I had an immense headache and couldn’t make it for the press event where Akshaye was present. A story was unnecessarily being made out of it when both Akshaye and I knew what was really wrong,” he said.
“It’s just that when I am targeted for no apparent reason time and again, I feel bad. I get troubled whether my audiences and fans would start suspecting me some day. I hope that doesn’t happen though.”
In the past also - for films like “Golmaal Returns”, “Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal” and “Dhamaal” - there have been rumours that Arshad has not shared good vibes with his co-actors.
Is he a soft target because he is mostly seen in multihero projects?
“Possibly yes. And tomorrow it may even become worse if I am in a single hero project. Rumour mongers won’t be left with any other choice than to start linking me with every other heroine,” he said.
The actor remembers how there was unnecessary bad blood being created between him and John Abraham during the promotion of “Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal”.
“We were quite happy working during the film but trouble started when a publicity picture of the film had John holding more prominence. There was controversy being created even though I myself was least bothered,” he said.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- Nikhil Dwivedi injured - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Hate Story' was written with A-certificate in mind: Agnihotri - Mar 09, 2012
- Comedy comes naturally to me: Kangana Ranaut (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2011
- John Abhraham To Produce A Film On Soccer - Jun 28, 2010
- Life is like a boxing ring: Amitabh (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2011
- Link-up rumours part of our business: Bipasha Basu (With Images) - May 02, 2011
- Male pairs: Twist in the Bollywood tale - May 12, 2011
- Akshay Kumar scouting for serious roles - Jul 16, 2010
- I don't miss John: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2011
- Arshad Warsi finds sequels risky, but excited about 'Ishqiya 2' - May 26, 2011
- I don't doubt my capabilities as an actor: Neha Dhupia - Jun 05, 2010
- Anil, Chunky come together after 20 years - Jun 16, 2009
- Anil, Aamir get nostalgic at 'Double Dhamaal' launch - Sep 01, 2010
- Mumbai goes 'wah wah' over Bryan Adams' concert - Feb 13, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: actors, akshaye khanna, apparent reason, arshad warsi, audiences, bad blood, co star, good vibes, grapevine, hero project, heroine, joginder, john abraham, publicity, reason time, sake, sheer nonsense, shortkut, soft target, time zone difference