Rubicon Hits American Screens At LastAugust 2nd, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Aug 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For all those who were waiting with baited breath for the premiere of ‘Rubicon’, the wait was worth it as the show has kept its promise of being the most sophisticated and interesting conspiracy thrillers on American TV. James Badge Dale plays the role of Will Travers, an intelligence analyst who finds himself in the middle of a conspiracy that involves his own organization. The show’s premiere was highly anticipated by the audience since the pilot episode was shown in June. There has been a number of speculations and debates about the fate of the show on a network that already airs the likes of ‘Mad Men’.
The two hour premiere episode gave audience a god idea of what to expect in the episodes to follow. The network has ordered a total of 13 episodes. Some critics felt that the show may not be for everyone considering that the focus is more on the intrigue and mystery of the secret society than action scenes. The producer Henry Bromell has revealed that he found the inspiration for the show from his father who worked in the CIA for 25 years. He said that the focus will be on the nerdy and behind-the-scenes intelligence guys rather than those who are in operations.
Oscar nominated actress Miranda Richardson will also be seen playing an important role in the Rubicon. The show is directed by Allen Coulter who has earlier directed the likes of ‘The Sopranos’. James Badge Dale said that the series is meant for the audience that wants to sit down and be told a story that is subtle yet specific.
- AMC's Rubicon Set To Steal Hearts From August 1 - Jul 26, 2010
- Rubicon Set To Air On AMC - Jun 14, 2010
- AMC Decides Not To Renew 'Rubicon' - Nov 12, 2010
- AMC cancels Rubicon after just 1 season - Nov 12, 2010
- AMC Decides To Cancel The Continuation Of 'Rubicon' - Nov 12, 2010
- 'Boardwalk Empire' Begins On HBO - Sep 20, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey's OWN Network Garners 1 Million Viewers In Debut - Jan 04, 2011
- Mark Wright to host 'Take Me Out' spinoff - Dec 14, 2011
- The Wanda Sykes Show Finally Hit The Circuit - Nov 08, 2009
- Shaquille O'Neal Is Back With "Shaq Vs" On ABC - Aug 04, 2010
- Gaga to release pictorial biography - Jul 29, 2011
- ISI-CIA negotiations for patch-up likely to yield breakthrough - Mar 15, 2011
- James Gandolfini Prefers 'Real Housewives Of Atlanta' - Jan 21, 2011
- "Mary Knows Best" Premieres On SyFy - Jul 16, 2010
- 'iGot A Hot Room' Airs On Nickelodeon - Jul 31, 2010
Tags: allen coulter, american screens, american tv, aug 2, conspiracy, god idea, henry bromell, intelligence analyst, intrigue, james badge dale, kar, mad men, miranda richardson, own organization, pilot episode, premiere episode, sopranos, speculations, thrillers, waiting with baited breath