Rs.7.25 crore spent on Rajiv, Indira adsDecember 19th, 2011 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) The government Monday told parliament that it had spent Rs.4.79 crore and Rs.2.46 crore, respectively, on print media advertisements on the occasion of birth anniversaries of former prime ministers Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi.
This information was shared in the Rajya Sabha by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C.M. Jatua while replying to a question.
Jatua added that no campaign was released through the electronic media on the birth anniversaries of the two former prime ministers.
The health ministry spent the highest amount of over Rs.95 lakh on the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, followed by the ministry of new and renewable energy at Rs.82 lakh.
The tourism ministry spent over Rs.79 lakh on the occasion. The ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation spent over Rs.65 lakh, information and broadcasting ministry over Rs.58 lakh, while social justice ministry spent over Rs.51 lakh for the occasion.
The information and broadcasting ministry topped the list of spenders on advertisements on the birth anniversary of Indira Gandhi at over Rs.60 lakh, followed by the social justice ministry at over Rs.56 lakh.
- Court notice on ads by political parties in power - May 16, 2012
- Court notice on ads by political parties in power (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana award for D.R. Mehta - Aug 04, 2012
- Single ad for Sardar Patel, dozens on Indira: BJP - Nov 01, 2011
- Rs.26.02 lakh spent on Assam heritage till July - Aug 21, 2012
- Mayawati issues full-page Buddha Purnima ads in 150 dailies - May 17, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- Ministers to brief state Congress chiefs on welfare schemes - Dec 06, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit launches 'Kerosene Free Delhi' scheme - Aug 21, 2012
- Indira Gandhi's birth anniversary celebrated - Nov 19, 2011
- Table CAG report on coal in parliament: CPI-M - Mar 22, 2012
- Scheme for empowering adolescent girls launched - Nov 19, 2010
- Ad spent on Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary could have gone to Leh: BJP - Aug 20, 2010
- Ansari to confer 'Life Time' awards on four photo journalists - Aug 18, 2010
- Pakistan government spent Rs.3 bn on ads - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: anniversaries, birth anniversary, crore, electronic media, former prime ministers, health ministry, indira gandhi, lakh, minister of state, ministry of housing, poverty alleviation, rajiv gandhi, rajiv indira, rajya sabha, rs 2, rs 65, social justice ministry, spenders, tourism ministry, urban poverty