Rowling’s Potter adieu may never be readNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:16 am ICT by admin
It gives clues that help Harry and his companions foil evil Lord Voldemort.
One of the copies, bound in brown morocco leather and mounted with silver and semi-precious stones, is to be auctioned at Sotheby’s for the Children’s Voice charity that was co-founded by JK Rowling, and workd to help vulnerable children across Europe.
The book, which comes with a dedicated “thank you” from Rowling herself, is expected to sell for 50,000 pounds or more when it goes under the hammer.
The other six, Rowling said yesterday, would be given to people “most closely connected” to 17 years of producing the Potter books.
It will not be published.
“The Tales of Beedle the Bard is really a distillation of the themes found in the Harry Potter books, and writing it has been the most wonderful way to say goodbye to a world I have loved and lived in for 17 years,” the Scotsman quoted Rowling, as saying.
“It’s not about Harry, Ron and Hermione but it’s from that world so it’s been therapeutic - a nice way to say goodbye. It’s like coming up from a deep dive, I suppose,” The Sun added her as saying. (ANI)
- Preview Of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I: Creepy And Nerve-Racking - Nov 13, 2010
- J.K. Rowling's back with prequel to the seven Potter series - Nov 20, 2008
- India Eagerly Waiting For Upcoming Harry Potter Flick - Nov 10, 2010
- New Harry Potter book hits stands across globe - Dec 04, 2008
- Secret Harry Potter book to go under the hammer - Nov 21, 2007
- Amazon was the mystery purchaser of Rowlings hand-written book - Dec 15, 2007
- J.K. Rowlings Harry Potter farewell book set to hit bookshelves - Dec 03, 2008
- Fans dress in cloaks, hats to theatres for Potter farewell - Jul 16, 2011
- J K Rowlings fairytales fetch record PS95m at auction - Dec 14, 2007
- J K Rowlings fairytales to go under the hammer - Dec 11, 2007
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Box Office: Crown was its destiny - Nov 22, 2010
- J. K. Rowling tells kids she is scared of spiders - Dec 05, 2008
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- 'A Very Potter Sequel' Becomes The Latest Rage - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: 17 years, adieu, albus dumbledore, bard, deep dive, evil lord, fairytales, harry potter book, harry potter books, hermione granger, jk rowling, lord voldemort, morocco leather, ron and hermione, semi precious stones, sotheby, vulnerable children, way to say goodbye