Rourke threatened suicide if Otis didn’t marry himOctober 11th, 2011 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Oct 11 (IANS) Mickey Rourke’s ex-wife Carre Otis has revealed that the actor threatened to kill himself if she didn’t accept his marriage proposal.
The former couple had a rocky relationship. The actress confessed in her memoir, “Beauty, Disrupted” that she only wed Rourke because she was terrified he would kill himself, reports contactmusic.com.
In an excerpt, obtained by the New York Post, she wrote: “I left Mickey in Miami (Florida) to pursue his new boxing career … But I wasn’t really surprised to get a call. I gave in. Just like that … On June 25, 1992, a limo picked me up in Los Angeles and drove me north up the coast to Big Sur. He was sitting on the hood of a tricked-out ‘69 Road Runner hot rod.
“‘Otis… I… I don’t know what to say. I love you. I miss you. I need you. I… I want you.’ He was stammering. ‘Marry me, Carre,’ he said.”
“‘Jesus, Mickey. Wait. I haven’t seen you in months!’ I was starting to feel panicked. ‘I need time, some time to think about this.’
“‘No. You answer me now,’ he said firmly. Standing up, he went to the back of the car and opened the trunk. ‘I can’t live without you,’ he said again, pulling out a long sword wrapped in beautiful Japanese cloth. ‘What’s that?’ I asked.
“‘It’s a hara-kiri knife,’ he replied, unwrapping it. Mickey stared into my eyes. ‘Answer me or I will die.’”
- Rourke not getting married - Dec 12, 2009
- Mickey Rourke's pooch bit him at first meeting - Dec 29, 2010
- I don't pay much attention to critics: Anand - Jul 12, 2012
- Mickey Rourke vows never to marry an actress - Nov 09, 2009
- Mickey Rourke calls Mel Gibson's ex 'bitch' - Jul 03, 2010
- Mickey Rourke looking for English wife - Sep 10, 2009
- Mickey Rourke thanks Stallone for standing by him - Nov 12, 2009
- Sly 'proud to be amongst ugliest guys' in 'The Expendables' - Aug 05, 2010
- Cage, Rourke finalised for 'Expendables 3' - Aug 15, 2012
- Barbara Eden releases a book 'Jeannie out of the Bottle' - Apr 05, 2011
- Mickey Rourke is 'careful with money' - Aug 13, 2010
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Dinda's fifer takes Bengal to semis - Mar 06, 2012
- What made the cut at Cannes 2011 (With Cannes story) - Apr 15, 2011
- Mickey Rourke Desires to be Gay Rugby Player Gareth Thomas - Dec 29, 2010
- I understand Indian cinema 'thoda thoda': Colin Firth (Interview) - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: actress, big sur, boxing career, carre otis, excerpt, hara kiri, hot rod, limo, marriage, marriage proposal, memoir, miami florida, mickey rourke, new york post, oct 11, road runner, rocky relationship, rod otis, stammering, sword