Rosie O’Donnell says that little people make her anxiousFebruary 16th, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rosie O’Donnell and Chelsea Handler have incurred the wrath of little people. Handler was on “The Rosie Show” on the Oprah Winfrey Network. The two women discussed little people and the comments from the two women have received some strong reaction from the community of little people.
Rosie and Handlers seem to have two different attitudes to people with short stature. Handler revealed that she loves them but Rosie cannot bring herself to get close to little people because she claims that she is afraid of them.
Speaking about the subject, Rosie said that, “I’m a little ashamed about it [but] I have a mild fear or anxiety around little people.” After that, she asked Handler “Would you ever do a little person?” To which Handler replied, “No, that would be child abuse. I’d never do that.”
The Little People of America did not find the comments from both ladies funny. Reacting to the interview, the spokesperson of the group Leah Smith described both views as offensive to the community.
Her response was that, “We decided to separate the two because they are both equally offensive, but separate. Handler used a lot of ‘pity rhetoric’ when discussing Chuy, saying he couldn’t get a job if not for her. For the record, we’re not in need of ‘getting saved.’ We are capable of being successful in any job.”
- Tracy Kachtick Anders, New Girlfriend Of Rosie O'Donnell - Sep 23, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell "Dabbling" Into Witchcraft Causes Stir - Sep 19, 2010
- Is there a rift between Rosie O'Donnell and Oprah Winfrey? - Feb 24, 2011
- Rosie O'Donnell To Host A Show On Oprah Winfrey Network? - Aug 11, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell insists Oprah Winfrey is not gay - Dec 14, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Dabbled In Witchcraft, Reveals Old Clip - Sep 19, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell Bags Day Time Show On OWN - Aug 08, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Makes Light of Witchcraft Comment - Sep 20, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell & Girlfriend Form A 'Gay-Dy Bunch' - Sep 23, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell alleges that Piers Morgan tried to harass her - Aug 19, 2011
- O'Donnell wanted to stop 'whole country from having premarital sex' - Sep 25, 2010
- Tea Party star O'Donnell quips she 'dabbled with witchcraft' in high school - Sep 20, 2010
- Obama should never have gone on 'The View', says former-co-host - Jul 30, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Lands In Controversy Again By Saying "Evolution Is A Myth" - Sep 26, 2010
- Gordon Brown's 'bigoted woman' gaffe among 'top 10 quotes of 2010' - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: anxiety, attitudes, chelsea handler, child abuse, job, little people of america, little person, mild fear, oprah winfrey, rhetoric, rosie o donnell, rosie show, short stature, spokesperson, strong reaction, two women, wrath