Rose Byrne joins Nicolas Cage in sci-fi thriller KnowingMarch 5th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 5 (ANI): Rose Byrne has landed the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in the sci-fi thriller Knowing.
The Summit Entertainment and Escape Artists pic will see Byrne playing the role of a woman whose mother buried a 1962 time capsule bearing the dates of the assassinations of historical figures, the hotel fire death of the wife of a professor and an imminent world apocalypse.
After the professor, to be played by Cage, discovers its contents and alerts her, the initially skeptical Byrne begins remembering strange incidents from her childhood.
Pic is being directed by Alex Proyas from a script penned by Ryne Douglas Pearson, reports the Hollywood Reporter.
Script revisions have been handled by Juliet Snowden, Stiles White, Stuart Hazeldine and Proyas.
Escape’s Jason Blumenthal, Todd Black and Steve Tisch will produce with Topher Dow. Norm Golightly and David Bloomfield are exec producers.
Summit will fully finance and distribute the film, with Erik Feig and Jean Song overseeing the project for the studio.
Production is set to begin March 25 in Melbourne, Australia. (ANI)
- Jennifer to star in 'Ends of the Earth' - Aug 07, 2012
- Nicolas Cage roped in for Knowing - Dec 11, 2007
- Denzel Washington set to make foray into TV - Aug 13, 2009
- Spielberg's next 'Gods and Kings'? - Nov 18, 2011
- First Image Of 'X-Men: First Class' Emerges Online - Jan 19, 2011
- Vadim Perelman to helm Poltergeist remake - Sep 02, 2008
- WWE Smackdown: Christian vs Orton World Heavyweight Title Match - Aug 31, 2011
- Is Sophia Bush dating Topher Grace? - Jul 30, 2012
- Bill Condon to direct final 'Twilight' movie - Apr 30, 2010
- Bill Condon to helm 4th Twilight movie - May 08, 2010
- Bryce 'eclipses' Lefevre as Victoria - Jul 29, 2009
- Erik Prince Plans To Move To UAE - Jun 17, 2010
- Cooper to play the devil in next - Jul 21, 2011
- New York Indian Film Festival to partner with film schools - Apr 26, 2011
- Before 'Bridesmaids', Wiig was clueless about screenwriting - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: alex proyas, david bloomfield, escape artists, exec producers, feig, fire death, golightly, hollywood reporter, hotel fire, melbourne australia, rose byrne, ryne douglas pearson, sci fi thriller, script revisions, snowden, steve tisch, strange incidents, stuart hazeldine, summit entertainment, time capsule