Rosario Dawson slams ‘male-driven’ HollywoodJanuary 9th, 2011 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 9 (ANI): ‘Unstoppable’ star Rosario Dawson has blasted male film executives in Hollywood for discriminating against women.
The 31-year-old veteran of more than 40 films says it is a constant battle to score meaty roles that don’t involve being treated as a sex object.
“My whole job is mostly about feeling like I am discriminated against because I am a woman,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Dawson as saying.
“It is completely OK to do it outright and out loud - it is wild, but I deal with it. I feel like being an actress, being told to lose weight and be younger - it’s crazy, but it is part and parcel of the game.
“To say that looks or age or sex doesn’t matter is ridiculous. But I feel lucky in that every single woman pretty much on the planet has to deal with that sense of how she looks, portrays herself, and this and that. We are scrutinised and compared and all of that kind of stuff.
“That is kind of what it is to be a woman, unfortunately, still to this day. Even with the coups of feminism we are still there. But at least every other woman is going through that. It’s not something extra special that I have to go through. It is just part of my job,” she said. (ANI)
- Dawson thrilled afrer mom's failed marriage - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Unstoppable' keeps the tension going(IANS Film Review; Rating:***1/2) - Nov 27, 2010
- Women share their thoughts on porn on first annual Ladyporn Day - Feb 25, 2011
- Book banning helps fundamentalists: Taslima Nasreen (Interview) - Feb 28, 2012
- 'I AM' telecast on DD only after U-certificate; Onir upset - Jul 06, 2012
- Vanessa Hudgens wants to launch lifestyle blog - May 20, 2011
- Pattinson good kisser, says Christina - Feb 17, 2012
- Rosario Dawson Being Considered For The Upcoming Martha Washington Movie - Aug 09, 2009
- I'm open to criticism: Sikander Kher - Nov 19, 2011
- Danny Boyle dating 'Sin City' star - Aug 05, 2012
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Bollywood needs people who can sing anything: Sunidhi Chauhan (Interview) - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Aarkshan' tries to tell a therapeutic story: Prakash Jha (Interview) - Jul 20, 2011
- Madonna's boyfriend likes being in control - Dec 08, 2010
- 'Our cinema is creating literature for India' - Dec 12, 2011