Rooney Mara gets a make-over for ‘Dragon Tattoo’December 13th, 2011 - 7:51 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Dec 13 (IANS) Actress Rooney Mara says she is happy to get rid of her feminine signature look for “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”.
She underwent drastic transformation for her role as Lisbeth Salander and according to reports she will have to live with it till at least 2015.
“Before ‘Dragon Tattoo’, I dressed very much like girls. A lot of blush-colored things. Now I literally roll out of bed and put on whatever is there. I have really enjoyed being a boy this last year,” she told US Vogue.
Mara also revealed that she was given a make-over by makeup artist Pat McGrath, costume designer Trish Summerville and hairstylist Danilo. McGrath created 26 different looks for her.
“We went from the white-powdered sick-clown makeup to stitches in the face all the way to greasy, bloody eyes. I instantly knew how I could make her character so different. And then once the hair was cut in that mad shape, I was like, Well, the eyebrows have got to go. And in the end, it would look now and it would look new,”said McGrath.
- 'Dragon Tattoo' made Rooney Mara less feminine - Dec 24, 2011
- Rooney Mara Shows Her "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" Makeover At A Gala Event - Jan 13, 2011
- Rooney Mara's Extreme Makeover to Play 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' - Jan 13, 2011
- Rooney Mara has a makeover for the movie 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' - Jan 13, 2011
- Rooney Mara Comes Into View On 'W' With Makeover For Her Character Of Lisbeth Salander In 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Jan 13, 2011
- Too much fame terrifies Rooney Mara - Nov 01, 2011
- 'The Girl With…' wins best editing at Oscars - Feb 27, 2012
- Rooney Mara Finalized For The Lead Role Of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Aug 17, 2010
- Carey Mulligan may star in 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Apr 28, 2010
- Rooney Mara Gets A Complete Makeover For "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - Oct 20, 2010
- Director feels that Scarlett Johansson is too hot for 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' role - Oct 19, 2011
- Beyonce loves make-up - May 07, 2012
- Rooney Mara Is All Set Become "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - Aug 17, 2010
- Rooney Mara lands lead role in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' - Aug 17, 2010
- Ellen Page Rumored as Possible 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Star - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: actress, being a boy, bloody eyes, blush, clown makeup, costume designer, danilo, dragon tattoo, drastic transformation, eyebrows, hairstylist, lisbeth, makeup artist pat mcgrath, mara, rooney, salander, stitches, summerville, trish, vogue