Rooney Mara Comes Into View On ‘W’ With Makeover For Her Character Of Lisbeth Salander In ‘Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’January 13th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
January 13, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): 25-year-old Rooney Mara is the actress of ‘Social Network’, who came into view with that film’s cast recently at the 2010 awards ceremony of the Palm Springs International Film Festival. She was there on Saturday with a drastically altered appearance as she had a darker and shorter hairstyle as well as bleached eyebrows and murky eyeliner.
This radical alteration is a component of Mara’s upcoming role of Lisbeth Salander in the film version of ‘Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’, which is a book written by Stieg Larsson. This film is the American version of David Fincher and is undergoing filming in Sweden. Mara enacts the character of a dissident and chain-smoking private investigator in this film. She is accompanied in this film by its male protagonist, Daniel Craig, who essays the role of Mikael Blomkvist. Mara is the androgynous hacker, who enables a correspondent, Daniel Craig, to hunt for a female, who has been lost for forty years.The film is listed to be discharged in the theatres in December this year.
In Fincher’s movie on Facebook, which has been broadly liked, Mara enacted the character of an upright co-ed. That role is wholly divergent from her wear on the cover of the February issue of W, which is a fashion magazine. In this image, Mara emerges in complete Lisbeth Salander insignia such as a leather jacket, piercings and tattoo.
Mara was selected for the character of Lisbeth over more established actresses such as Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman and Jennifer Lawrence. Fincher has remarked that he desired Mara from the beginning itself as Mara is even-tempered and dedicated. His latest film’s squad did not make the auditions less troublesome for Mara and she passed it with flying colors.
- 'The Girl With…' wins best editing at Oscars - Feb 27, 2012
- Rooney Mara lands lead role in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' - Aug 17, 2010
- Daniel Craig To Star In Remake Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Jul 28, 2010
- Ellen Page In "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"? - Jul 23, 2010
- Daniel Craig Begins Shooting For 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Oct 09, 2010
- Rooney Mara Finalized For The Lead Role Of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Aug 17, 2010
- Rooney Mara Shows Her "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" Makeover At A Gala Event - Jan 13, 2011
- Craig to star in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'? - Jun 04, 2010
- Craig shoots for 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Oct 08, 2010
- Ellen Page might play the lead in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' - Jul 23, 2010
- Rooney Mara Is All Set Become "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - Aug 17, 2010
- Daniel Craig 'tipped for lead role in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' - Jun 05, 2010
- Ellen Page Purportedly In Pole Position For 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' - Jul 23, 2010
- Robin Wright to star in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'? - Aug 07, 2010
- Daniel Craig moves from Bond to star in Larsson Trilogy - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: chain smoking, daniel craig, david fincher, dragon tattoo, facebook, fashion magazine, film version, flying colors, international film festival, lisbeth, male protagonist, mara, men at work, natalie portman, palm springs international, palm springs international film festival, pen men, salander, scarlett johansson, stieg larsson