Ronnie Wood’s girlfriend gives up drinking to help him stay soberMay 2nd, 2011 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 2 (ANI): Rolling Stones member Ronnie Wood’s girlfriend has given up drinking to support the rocker in his battle to stay sober.
Wood, 63, has long struggled with alcohol abuse, and he enrolled in rehab in 2009 to kick the habit for good.
He claims to have successfully given up booze, and has now revealed that his partner, Brazilian polo coach Ana Araujo, has shown her solidarity by quitting drinking as well.
“She gave up drinking… she used to drink a glass of wine and enjoy it, but she said, ‘If you need the support, I won’t do it’,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling Britain’s Daily Mail.
“And she hasn’t weakened, which I think is very admirable… It is nice to be with someone who isn’t like, ‘Come on, let’s go and get wrecked!’
“I can go into bars and parties, and I used to feel, ‘I’m really missing out here,’ but now I don’t feel I am - been there, done it,” he added. (ANI)
- Wood's girlfriend quits drinking to support him - May 02, 2011
- Ronnie Wood removes alcohol bar from home - Aug 26, 2011
- Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood together cope with life without the bottle - Feb 09, 2010
- Rolling Stone's Ronnie Wood ditches Ana, dating ex-lover Kat - May 04, 2011
- Jo Wood puts her manhunt on hold - Oct 08, 2010
- Ronnie Woods dating Brazilian polo player - Feb 24, 2010
- Meet Ronnie Wood's new girlfriend - Feb 07, 2010
- Ronnie Wood to tie the knot this summer? - Mar 09, 2010
- Ronnie Wood admits he once smoked meringue by mistake - Sep 12, 2010
- Ronnie Wood reunited with former girlfriend? - May 05, 2011
- Ronnie Wood splits from Brazilian girlfriend - Feb 13, 2011
- Ronnie Wood 'wants to experience fatherhood again' - Jul 13, 2010
- Ronnie Wood thanks girlfriend for sobriety - May 27, 2010
- Ronnie Wood's new album is all about girls - Sep 27, 2010
- Ronnie Woods' friends help him stay sober - Mar 09, 2010