Ronan Keating reveals his cancer horrorApril 7th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 7 (ANI): Ronan Keating has said that he was in a “mess” when he was confronted with a testicular cancer scare on a holiday recently.
The Boyzone singer said that he “panicked” when he discovered a lump on his testicles during a holiday to South Africa.
The 32-year-old crooner said that he was a bundle of nerves for two weeks, before he visited his doctor for a check-up and was given an all-clear chit.
The ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ hitmaker made the above comments during an interview with the BBC’s Newsnight current affairs programme for a special episode focusing on cancer.
“I was in South Africa on holidays with my family. I found a lump, I panicked,” The Telegraph quoted Keating as telling the show’s presenter Gavin Esler.
He added: “I called my doctor and he said: “listen, relax, don’t worry about it - as soon as you get home, get it checked.
“So I did, and it was fine, a small cyst almost, very regular. But you know, for those two weeks on holidays I was a mess.”
Keating is now greatly associated with promoting awareness of the disease and is urging men to seek medical advice if they suspect they have fallen victim to it.
He said: “Men have to wake up to testicular cancer.
“None of us wants to go to the doctor, and you know, drop your trousers and get your testicles checked.” (ANI)
- Ronan Keating 'planned funeral' after cancer scare - Apr 20, 2009
- Keating wants to live stress-free life - Sep 02, 2012
- Ronan Keating to swim Irish sea - Mar 25, 2011
- Ronan Keating swims Irish sea for charity - Sep 03, 2011
- Keating nervous about album release - Jan 16, 2012
- Taller men at higher risk of testicular cancer - Oct 27, 2010
- Wade beat cancer to become top Australia keeper - Feb 25, 2012
- Keating apologises for cheating on sleeve notes of new album - Nov 12, 2010
- Ronan Keating to shoot his first movie role in Sydney next month - Mar 03, 2011
- Study Shows Tall Men at Greater Risk for Testicular Cancer - Oct 28, 2010
- Ronan Keating to act in movie - Mar 04, 2011
- Ronan Keating feels blessed - Sep 25, 2011
- Cancer survivor to become father with years old sperm - Nov 30, 2010
- Ronan Keating makes public apology to wife - Nov 11, 2010
- Future docs may have to pass new breast exam test - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: bbc, bundle of nerves, cancer scare, chit, crooner, current affairs, cyst, holidays, horror london, medical advice, newsnight, ronan keating, south africa, telegraph, testicles, testicular cancer, trousers