Romeo Santos happy with success of first solo albumNovember 17th, 2011 - 12:04 pm ICT by IANS
San Juan, Nov 17 (IANS/EFE) Dominican singer Romeo Santos said he is “happy and very proud” to have sold more than 60,000 copies of his first solo album, “Formula Vol. 1″, since it was released last week.
“It’s an unbelievable satisfaction. Having so many hits is something that you want to achieve. I’m very optimistic because I’m going through a phase that fills me with a lot of satisfaction,” said Santos in an interview with EFE from New York.
The album during its first week on the market beat out “Planet Pit”, by Miami rapper Pitbull; “La mejor de todas” by the Mexican group Banda El Recodo; and “Independiente” by Guatemalan singer-songwriter Ricardo Arjona.
Santos confessed that at the point he released his new album he had not prepared himself “enough” for the success it achieved, but he said that the biggest motivation for him was signing autographs, when he receives the direct support of his fans.
“Formula Vol. 1″ includes joint recordings with artists such as Mario Domm, Camila, La Mala Rodriguez, Tomati, Usher, Lil Wayne and Pitbull.
The number performed with Usher, “Promised”, the first single from the album, has shot to the top of the pop charts.
As part of the promotional efforts for Santos’ new album, he and Usher performed the song live at last week’s Latin Grammy gala in Las Vegas.
- Santos wants to sing with Alejandro Fernandez - Nov 25, 2011
- Ricardo Arjona grabs top spot on Billboard Latin songs - Oct 14, 2011
- Mana reach No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Jan 13, 2012
- Romeo Santos tops Billboard's Latin songs charts - Dec 16, 2011
- Santos' first solo album tops Billboard Latin chart - Dec 09, 2011
- Luis Fonsi's latest shoots to top of Latin Albums chart - Jul 08, 2011
- Don Omar keeps top spot on latin songs chart - Jul 15, 2011
- Mexican group's new album a hit - May 27, 2011
- Romeo Santos remains atop Billboard Latin Songs - Jul 01, 2011
- Nayer grateful to Pitbull for career boost - May 04, 2012
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011
- Romeo Santos' solo debut leads Latin albums chart - Dec 30, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz, Tony Bennett perform in Mexico - Oct 28, 2011
- Composer of hits for Daddy Yankee releases single - Jun 01, 2011
- Views of Madrid in Pitbull, Shakira music video - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: autographs, camila, efe, el recodo, guatemalan, la mala rodriguez, latin grammy, lil wayne, mario domm, mexican group, motivation, new album, pop charts, romeo, san juan, singer songwriter, solo album, top of the pop, usher, vol 1