Roman Polanski files motion for removal of 32-year-old rape caseJanuary 8th, 2009 - 6:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 8 (ANI): Polish/French director Roman Polanski has filed a motion in the Los Angeles Superior Court to have a 32-year-old rape case against him entirely removed.
The reason for the motion, filed on January 5, had been cited as judicial bias and misconduct of the case, Fox News reports.
On January 6, a motion to dismiss the 75-year-old directors plea was filed, and along with it was given the graphic details of his sexual encounter with the young teen.
The incident took place at the home of Jack Nicholson, who was not present at the time and did not have any knowledge of Polanskis activities.
According to the report, Polanski had lured the then 13-year-old with champagne and a Quaalude pill during a poolside photo shoot, where he insisted that she remove all her clothes before entering Nicholsons jacuzzi.
The victim reportedly felt very scared of Polanski and despite several requests to take her home, the director demanded she went inside and lay down on the couch.
The terrified teen then outlined in great detail the oral coition and forced intercourse subjected by Polanski before eventually being driven home by the defendant in tears.
Prosecutors are urging Polanski to surrender himself on the scheduled hearing date of January 21 if he really wants the case dismissed and rebuffed his camps claims that the case was tainted with misconduct and prejudice from court officials.
On Monday, lawyers for Polanski requested that the case be moved from the Los Angeles County courts. (ANI)
- No cover-up in Polanski's sex case, say US prosecutors - Mar 31, 2010
- Roman Polanski's lawyers appeal to US court - Dec 11, 2009
- California court rejects Polanski bid to throw out case - Dec 22, 2009
- Travolta rubbishes assault charges - Aug 06, 2012
- Polanski's sex victim cannot call for case's dismissal - Apr 17, 2010
- Roman Polanski ''has no plans to return to US, says lawyer - Jan 15, 2009
- Court hearing in Polanski case scheduled Dec 10 - Nov 03, 2009
- Polanaki wins best director award at Berlinale - Feb 21, 2010
- Court grants Polanski request for stay on hearing - Jan 22, 2009
- US disappointed by Swiss freeing of Polanksi - Jul 13, 2010
- Roman Polanski Arrested At Zurich Airport Even After Samantha Geimer Publicly Forgave Him - Sep 29, 2009
- Roman Polanski to be released on bail - Nov 25, 2009
- New allegations of sexual abuse against Roman Polanski - May 15, 2010
- Director Polanski denied bail in Switzerland - Oct 07, 2009
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, coition, court officials, defendant, fox news, french director, graphic details, intercourse, jack nicholson, jacuzzi, january 6, judicial bias, los angeles county, los angeles county courts, los angeles superior court, prosecutors, rape case, roman polanski, sexual encounter, young teen