Roman Abramovichs new PS250m villa is worlds most expensive house!July 10th, 2008 - 1:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 10 (ANI): Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovichs new home has become the most expensive house on earth, after he paid a whopping 250 million pounds for it.
The Russian billionaire recently picked up the majestic hilltop villa overlooking the French Riviera after falling in love with it during a private viewing along with his girlfriend Daria Zhukova.
The villa, called La Leopolda is know not only to have the best sea views in the south of France, but it also sits on 10 acres of immaculate grounds that run right down to the resort of Villefranche.
It also has the added attraction of being just a stones throw from Monte Carlo, reports the Daily Express.
Previous owners of the villa, originally built for Belgian king Leopolds mistresses, include late banking magnate Edmund Safra, Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Fiat tycoon Gianni Agnelli.
Abramovichs purchase means that he will now be making a monthly payment of 1.6 million pounds to pay its mortgage.
The new addition adds to a list of Abramovichs lengthy list of real estate.
He already owns the 15million pounds Chateau de la Croe just down the road from La Leopolda. The Chateau was where former British monarch the Duke of Windsor fled with Wallace Simpson in 1938.
Apart from these two, Abramovich also has properties in Knightsbridge, Sussex and Russia. (ANI)
- Here's the exotic guest list of Prince Charles to royal wedding! - Apr 10, 2011
- Roman Abramovich Buys New Holland Island For $400 Million To Set Up Museum - Dec 08, 2010
- Roman Abramovich buys island for $400 million to showcase his art collection - Dec 08, 2010
- World's costliest flat sold for 200 mn pounds - Sep 13, 2010
- Russian billionaire breaks world record by buying PS392m French Riviera villa - Aug 11, 2008
- Russia''s richest man scraps deal to buy worlds most expensive mansion - Feb 19, 2009
- Russian billionaire shells outs $5m for star studded New Year's Eve bash - Jan 04, 2010
- Chelseas billonaire owner Abramovich to buy 60 million pound Caribbean estate - Mar 13, 2009
- Chelsea owner Abramovich's wealth declaration reveals his billions from business - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Black Eyed Peas' to rock Chelsea owner's New Year's Eve bash - Dec 31, 2010
- Ferrari to auction F1 items to help Italian quake victims - Jun 01, 2012
- Recession notwithstanding, Abramovich worth nearly 11 billion pounds - Feb 16, 2010
- Chelsea celebrates FA cup win with a boozy night out - Jun 01, 2009
- Kylie Minogue buys $25m London apartment - Apr 06, 2011
- Brazilian teenager to replace Drogba at Chelsea? - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: abramovich, added attraction, bill gates, british monarch, chelsea football club, club owner, daria zhukova, duke of windsor, founder bill gates, french riviera, hilltop villa, immaculate grounds, leopolds, magnate, microsoft founder, safra, sea views, south of france, villefranche, worlds most expensive house