Rohan Sippy’s film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets)July 22nd, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 22 (IANS) After “Dum Maaro Dum”, director Rohan Sippy is back to work with yet-to-be titled film featuring Ayushmann Khurrana and Kunaal Roy Kapur.
“Roll camera. And we are off and running. Started shooting my fourth film,” Sippy tweeted.
Son of director Ramesh Sippy, this is his fourth film as a director after “Kuch Naa Kaho” “Bluffmaster” and “Dum Maaro Dum”. This is the second film for Ayushmann after the stupendous success of “Vicky Donor”.
Directors Abhishek Kapoor and Kabir Khan congratulated him on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
Kabir Khan: Have a great shoot Rohan.
Abhishek Kapoor: Congrats Sippy. Good luck.
Don’t compare Bane to Joker: Sujoy Ghosh
Director Sujoy Ghosh, who watched “The Dark Knight Rises” is upset with people comparing the film’s antagonist Bane to the character of Joker, which featured in previous two “Batman” movies.
“Why would one see ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ and keep comparing Bane to Joker? What is the point in that? You are just spoiling it for yourself and annoying others,” Ghosh tweeted.
“The Dark…” is a superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan. The film is the third and final installment in Nolan’s “Batman” film trilogy after “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight”.
Bane, played by actor Tom Hardy in the film, a terrorist leader with plans to destroy Gotham City, while late actor Heath Ledger played Joker, the criminal mastermind in “The Dark Knight”.
Why Prateek chose fresh faces for ‘From Sydney…’
Veteran filmmaker Pramod Chakravorty’s grandson Prateek is set to revive the family banner with upcoming film “From Sydney With Love”. Being a known banner, Prateek could have easily cast big names, but he chose to go with fresh faces.
“‘From Sydney with Love’ required fresh faces because of the storyline. Even if I had an option of choosing the best, I would have considered new faces,” Prateek told IANS.
“The established ones have set the bar and they all come with an age-factor which doesn’t justify the script of student movie,” he added.
“From Syndey with Love”, is slated for Aug 3 release and features Sharad Malhotra, Bidita Bag, Evelyn Sharma and Reshmi Ghosh.
Among the big names, Prateek hopes to work with actor Akshay Kumar in future.
“Maybe in future I would love to work with Akshay. Even if I promised to cast him in my next film, an actor of his stature requires time and budget,” he said.
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' mints Rs.6.2 crore on opening day - Apr 23, 2011
- Anne Hathaway Bags The Role Of Catwoman In The Dark Knight Rises - Jan 20, 2011
- Not trying to upset Dev sahab, Zeenat aunty: Abhishek - Apr 14, 2011
- Bollywood now high on drug tales - Apr 21, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' - dark, knightly and rises to expectations (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 20, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' To Present Anne Hathaway In New Avatar! - Jan 23, 2011
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Nolan always 'prioritises' his characters: Gordon-Levitt - Mar 22, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: abhishek kapoor, actor heath, batman begins, batman film, chakravorty, christopher nolan, criminal mastermind, dark knight, family banner, film trilogy, fresh faces, heath ledger, kabir khan, new faces, pramod, ramesh sippy, rohan sippy, roll camera, tom hardy, veteran filmmaker