Roger Moore beaten up by former wivesSeptember 12th, 2012 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 12 (IANS) Actor Roger Moore says his former wives Doorn Van Steyn and Dorothy Squires were physically abusive towards him. He faced several assaults by them, included being hit with a teapot and a guitar.
Moore, who played James Bond from 1973 to 1985, has been married four times.
“(Doorn) would scratch me. She threw a pot of tea at me. I’d been sunbathing in the garden, I came up and I’d taken off my pants and I gave her some smart Alec answer and this teapot came hurtling at me. I said, ‘Right, that’s it, I’m leaving’,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 84-year-old as saying.
Speaking about his second wife Squires, he added: “There was a confrontation. I remember, to avoid confrontation, I used to strum the guitar and one day I was sitting on the edge of the table strumming and she was ranting on about something and I wasn’t taking any notice.
“Next thing I know, it was like slow motion, I could feel the guitar coming out of my hands and I could see it up above my head and… bash, it came down. She ruined the guitar. She had a great temper.”
After separating from third wife Luisa Mattioli, Moore is now happily married to socialite 71-year-old Kristina Tholstrup.
- Sir Roger Moore admits to fibbing in interviews - Apr 22, 2009
- Ashton Kutcher collaborates with stepdaughter for online performance - Jan 27, 2011
- Bruce welcomes fourth child - Apr 02, 2012
- Demi Moore's handle on Twitter is still 'Mrs. Kutcher' - Nov 29, 2011
- Pauline Quirke's weighty confession - Mar 06, 2012
- Brandi Glanville makes her 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' debut - Sep 28, 2011
- Winona Ryder claims Mel Gibson is anti-Semitic and homophobic - Dec 16, 2010
- In school, I was nicknamed cry baby: Scherzinger - Jun 06, 2011
- Alec Baldwin shares wedding joy - Jul 03, 2012
- Hillary Clinton's mother dies at 92 - Nov 01, 2011