Roger Daltrey’s microphone-swinging days are overNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:18 am ICT by admin
Daltrey almost blinded Gary Glitter during rehearsals for the band’s Quadrophenia shows in London a decade ago, when he hit him with a stray microphone.
He has now decided never to repeat his famous stage technique.
“I got very good at it. I could probably have taken a cigarette out of someone’s mouth (swinging the microphone),” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“I wouldn’t dare try it now, because I can’t see it anymore. I throw it and from then on I’m thinking, `Where’s it gone?’ and hopefully it’ll come back somewhere where I might be able to catch it,” he added. (ANI)
- Noel Gallagher to make solo comeback with charity gig - Feb 02, 2010
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011
- Daltrey says Cowell wouldn't know talent even "if it bit him on the b*******" - Nov 19, 2010
- Pete Doherty, Roger Daltrey join hands for charity gig - Jan 13, 2009
- Ricky Martin to be teacher in TV series - Feb 07, 2012
- Glee criticised for featuring convicted sex offender Gary Glitter's song - Mar 11, 2011
- Andreas Muller wins Mini Cooper car for a tattoo on his private parts - Jan 25, 2011
- Roger Daltrey urges younger rockers to run his charity concerts - Mar 30, 2009
- After 'Jhalak...', Sushil Kumar says no to dance - Aug 05, 2012
- Roger Waters, David Gilmour to reunite 'for one gig' - Apr 02, 2011
- Matching dance steps with younger lot a nightmare for me: Big B - Apr 28, 2011
- Bumpy ride for Karthikeyan and Chandhok - Oct 23, 2011
- Ford to do cameo in 'Blade Runner' sequel? - May 29, 2012
- Henman says it would be risky to write Federer off - Jul 02, 2010
- Charlotte Church serenades drinkers at gay club - Mar 03, 2011