Rodriguez, Tarantino filmed Brolin’s failed audition tapeNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:59 am ICT by admin
He said that he took Rodriguez and Tarantino’s help in making the tape, thinking that it would win him the acting deal from the Coens. However, it failed to impress the producers.
“What ended up happening is that me, Robert and Quentin created an audition tape on a Genesis camera. Basically, we had the best-looking audition tape in the history of audition tapes, but the Coen brothers saw it and they didn’t like it so they said no,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling the Daily Variety.
Brolin said that he eventually got the role, but not because of the tape.
“I met them in a very frustrated moment of not being able to find a guy for the part. It was the last meeting they were taking before they were going to hire a particular actor. After that meeting I got the part,” he added. (ANI)
- Coen Brothers Speak About Their Movie "True Grit" - Dec 23, 2010
- 'True Grit' a tomb of missed opportunities (IANS Film Review) - Feb 26, 2011
- Brolin in talks for 'Crazy for the Storm' - Aug 23, 2012
- Quentin Tarantino to save Lindsay Lohan's film career? - Apr 14, 2010
- Scorsese named top director - Mar 12, 2010
- Christoph Waltz injured on 'Django Unchained' sets - Oct 02, 2011
- 'The King's Speech ' wins best film - Feb 28, 2011
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Review Of 'Machete' Predominantly States That It Will Be Liked By the Lovers Of Goriness In Films - Sep 03, 2010
- Quentin Tarantino to make next film as homage to spaghetti Westerns - May 03, 2011
- Will Smith to star in Tarantino's next? - May 08, 2011
- Burton, Brolin to team up for 'The Hunchback...' remake? - Mar 02, 2011
- Matt Damon Wears False Sideburns In True Grit - Dec 28, 2010
- David Fincher named best working director - May 03, 2011
- Samuel L. Jackson to star in 'Django Unchained' - Sep 15, 2011