Rodricks to judge best poster contest for queer film fest (With Image)March 9th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) Kashish 2012, the third edition of queer film festival, has sent out an open call to artists from across the world to design its official poster and has roped in designer Wendell Rodricks to select the best.
“I am delighted to be a judge on a contest that involves everyone to be a part of and contribute to a queer event. This I feel is the best way of breaking down barriers and reducing stigma. I am looking forward to seeing interesting designs from not only India, but from around the world,” Rodricks said in a statement.
Kashish 2012 will be held May 23-27 in Mumbai.
“We are very excited about Wendell Rodricks agreeing to be the celebrity judge for the contest. Our queer film festival actually mirrors Wendell’s thoughts,” said Sridhar Rangayan, the film festival director.
“The films from all over the world to be screened at our festival highlights this fact by showing LGBT persons as human beings with the same range of human emotions as any other person.
“The theme for this year is ‘For Everyone’, which means this year’s festival has something for everyone - not just for the LGBT community, but also their families, colleagues and friends. The poster contest, which is open ‘to everyone’ across the world, reflects this spirit,” added Rangayan.
The winner of the poster contest will receive an award on the closing night of the festival and it will include a Kashish trophy and a gift hamper.
- Mumbai hosts third queer film fest - May 24, 2012
- Kashish returns, set to take queer films straight to hearts - May 21, 2012
- Indian filmmaker in Berlinale jury - Feb 05, 2010
- 'Gulabi Aaina' would've released if made today: Sridhar Rangayan - May 24, 2012
- Rangayan opts for crowdfunding for LGBT film - Jul 02, 2012
- Capital to host 2nd edition of human rights film fest - Feb 02, 2012
- 'India needs time to open up to gay themes in films' - Oct 17, 2011
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- India has dream run at Berlin film fest - Feb 15, 2010
- 20 years on, being gay will be a non-issue: Wendell Rodricks - Sep 19, 2012
- Wendell Rodricks protests against illegal mining, closes boutique - Sep 14, 2012
- India’s 1st Gay Film ‘Dunno Y, Na Jaane Kyun’ Starring Zeenat Aman, Music Launched!! - Oct 09, 2010
- Wendell Rodricks closes boutique to protest illegal mining - Sep 17, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Goa needs special status to retain its identity: Wendell Rodricks - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,