Rod Stewart sued over unpaid billsSeptember 27th, 2010 - 6:12 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 27 (IANS) Scottish singer Rod Stewart has been sued for failing to pay for custom-made clothes he ordered for his 2007 wedding to model Penny Lancaster.
Designer Karen Matthews has filed a lawsuit at Los Angeles Small Claims Court that the rocker had ordered outfits worth $7,500 for a string of bashes in 2007 - including his Italian nuptials, reports contactmusic.com.
She accuses the singer of failing to pay up for the items, writing in court papers, “The clothes were never paid for in full and (Stewart) kept the rest of the clothes without ever returning what hadn’t been paid for.”
However, Stewart’s representative has slammed the lawsuit, insisting the clothes were poorly made and “unusable” - and the star was forced to search for a new wedding outfit shortly before the big day.
The spokesperson said, “(The wedding suit) wasn’t produced on time and was ill-fitting and totally unusable. He had to buy a proper suit at the last minute.”
- Rod Stewart becomes father for the 8th time - Feb 18, 2011
- Stewart's wife chose short dress to attract husband - Jul 03, 2012
- Kimberly Stewart blessed with baby girl - Aug 23, 2011
- Rod Stewart to become dad for eighth time - Aug 10, 2010
- Rod To Become Dad Again At 65 - Aug 12, 2010
- Rod and Penny reveal their agonizing IVF struggle - Sep 13, 2010
- Rod Stewart put up daughter for adoption 'because he was broke' - Oct 25, 2010
- Rod Stewart says 8th child will be his last - Aug 31, 2010
- Rod Stewarts's wife thinks she lost 2nd baby to 'killer cells' - Sep 14, 2010
- Badal hit by human rights lawsuit in US - Aug 09, 2012
- Andre raves about romantic holiday with girlfriend - Aug 14, 2012
- Ronnie Wood congratulates dad-to-be Rod Stewart - Aug 13, 2010
- Singer Lauryn Hill sued - Sep 27, 2011
- Liz Hurley's busty appearance at Charity - May 22, 2010
- Rod Stewart considering moving back to Britain for kids - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: bashes, custom made clothes, karen matthews, last minute, london, los angeles small claims court, penny lancaster, rod stewart, scottish singer, small claims court, spokesperson, unpaid bills, wedding outfit, wedding suit