Rod Stewart becomes father for the 8th timeFebruary 18th, 2011 - 11:55 am ICT by ANI
London, Feb 18 (ANI): Rock star Rod Stewart’s wife Penny Lancaster has given birth to a boy. The baby is his eighth child at the age of 66.
Aiden was born on Wednesday in the UK weighing 7lb 12oz.
A statement released on the couple’s behalf said they were “proud and thrilled” and both mother and child were healthy.
“After the long-awaited arrival of their second child, Rod and Penny are proud and thrilled to welcome Alastair’s baby brother, Aiden, into the world,” the BBC quoted the statement as reading.
“Mother and baby are healthy and blissfully happy,” the statement said.
Aiden is Stewart and Lancaster’s second child, their first son is five-year-old Alastair.
The couple had problems conceiving naturally and Lancaster, 39, became pregnant on the third cycle of IVF treatment.
Stewart married Lancaster, his third wife, in Italy in 2007. He has already six children from previous relationships. (ANI)
- Rod and Penny reveal their agonizing IVF struggle - Sep 13, 2010
- Rod To Become Dad Again At 65 - Aug 12, 2010
- Rod Stewarts's wife thinks she lost 2nd baby to 'killer cells' - Sep 14, 2010
- Rod Stewart to become dad for eighth time - Aug 10, 2010
- Rod Stewart says being daddy at 66 is bloody exhausting - Mar 11, 2011
- Rod Stewart says 8th child will be his last - Aug 31, 2010
- Kimberly Stewart blessed with baby girl - Aug 23, 2011
- Rod Stewart, wife desperate to have a second child - May 20, 2009
- Ronnie Wood congratulates dad-to-be Rod Stewart - Aug 13, 2010
- 16 years after son died, child born to elerly Haryana couple - Feb 29, 2012
- Rod Stewart considering moving back to Britain for kids - Oct 08, 2010
- Healthy baby born from embryo frozen 20 years ago - Oct 11, 2010
- Rod Stewart doesn't like music when making love - Oct 05, 2010
- Stewart's wife chose short dress to attract husband - Jul 03, 2012
- Rod Stewart put up daughter for adoption 'because he was broke' - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: aiden, awaited arrival, baby brother, bbc, eighth child, italy, london feb, mother and baby, mother and child, penny lancaster, reading mother, relationships, rock star, rod stewart, star rod, wife penny