Rod Stewart announces 2-year Las Vegas residency

May 11th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt  

Las Vegas, May 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rod Stewart has revealed that he will be part of two-year Las Vegas residency with stars like Sir Elton John and Celine Dion. Concerts will take place at the Colosseum in the Caesars Palace, Los Angeles.

The show will start in August and the report says it will run for two years. Stewart promised audience of the show that they will be given “90 percent songs” that they are familiar with during the show.

He told Billboard.biz that, “We’ll try to give the people what they want, which are the songs that made me famous, plus a few surprises. There won’t be any magicians or midgets, just a good rock show.”

Stewart also revealed that he will give his fans something that they do not yet know about him. He called the show “rock ‘n’ roll” and indicated that he will perform that genre. Stewart was at the Colosseum last year.

In November, the 63-year-old performed eight concerts at the venue. He performed some of his hits like “I Get a Kick Out of You,” “Downtown Train,” ”Reason to Believe” and “Love Train.”

The show will start on the 24th of August.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe