Rod and Penny reveal their agonizing IVF struggleSeptember 13th, 2010 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 13 (ANI): Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster have for the first time revealed that they went through a painful struggle with IVF to have another baby.
The rocker and his wife were disillusioned when doctors told them they could not conceive naturally.
However, in May, after two heartbreaking failed attempts at IVF, Penny got pregnant with the couple’s second child, and Rod’s Eighth.
“IVF can be stressful, especially for the woman with all the hormone injections and procedures,” the Sun quoted Rod, 65, as saying.
Ex-model Penny, 39, said the couple were desperate to give their two-year-old son Alastair a little brother or sister.
Lancaster said the toddler was delighted when told about the arrival of second child, according to an interview with Hello! Magazine.
“His happiness made all the IVF treatments worthwhile. I kept pinching myself. Neither of us could believe that it had finally happened,” she added.
Penny believes high mercury levels in her blood due to her love of seafood were a major factor in their struggle.
And she insisted Rod’s age had nothing to do with it.
She said: “All the tests he’s had show he’s fitter than the average 45-year-old.” (ANI)
- Rod Stewart becomes father for the 8th time - Feb 18, 2011
- Rod Stewarts's wife thinks she lost 2nd baby to 'killer cells' - Sep 14, 2010
- Rod Stewart says 8th child will be his last - Aug 31, 2010
- Rod To Become Dad Again At 65 - Aug 12, 2010
- Rod Stewart to become dad for eighth time - Aug 10, 2010
- Kimberly Stewart blessed with baby girl - Aug 23, 2011
- Rod Stewart considering moving back to Britain for kids - Oct 08, 2010
- Stewart's wife chose short dress to attract husband - Jul 03, 2012
- Rod Stewart doesn't like music when making love - Oct 05, 2010
- Rod Stewart, wife desperate to have a second child - May 20, 2009
- Rod Stewart put his eldest daughter up for adoption because he was broke - Oct 23, 2010
- Rod Stewart put up daughter for adoption 'because he was broke' - Oct 25, 2010
- Ronnie Wood congratulates dad-to-be Rod Stewart - Aug 13, 2010
- How Old is Rod Stewart? Actually, Who Cares? - May 22, 2009
- Andre raves about romantic holiday with girlfriend - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: doctors, failed attempts, happiness, hello magazine, hormone injections, ivf treatments, little brother, london, love, mercury, mercury levels, painful struggle, penny lancaster, rod stewart, sun, wife penny