Robin Hood to premiere at the CannesMarch 27th, 2010 - 12:56 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
March 27, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The 63rd Festival de Cannes will see Ridley Scott’s film, Robin Hood, open on Wednesday, May 12. The movie will be presented out of competition.
Gladiator actor Russell Crowe will be reuniting with Scott for Robin Hood where he will play the debonair English war hero. Robin returns to his village to fight the tyrannical Sheriff of Nottingham (played by Matthew Macfadyen) and also win the recently widowed Lady Marian’s (played by Cate Blanchett) heart as he leads his Merry Men of Sherwood Forest to success.
For a while now, Cannes has become a sort of launch pad for Hollywood’s summer releases and has also opened some Oscar contenders - Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds was screened last year at the Cannes. Tim Burton, director of Alice in Wonderland, has been roped in to lead the jury of the film festival. Some of the other film titles to be screened will be announced in the coming weeks.
Robin Hood, produced by Universal Studios and written by Brian Helgeland (who also wrote L. A Confidential) will be releasing two days after its Cannes premiere.
- Sampurn Wire
- Ridley Scott's 'Robin Hood' to open annual Cannes Film Festival - Mar 27, 2010
- Ridley Scott to miss Cannes screening of Robin Hood - May 11, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Cate Blanchett wanted to play Robin Hood - May 13, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' leaves you wanting for more (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 11, 2010
- 2010 Cannes Festival Opens With Robin Hood - May 12, 2010
- Scott to miss 'Robin Hood' premiere at Cannes - May 11, 2010
- Crowe nearly quit 'Robin Hood' over script issues - Apr 06, 2010
- Russell Crowe's 'Robin Hood' opens the Cannes Film Festival - May 12, 2010
- Danny Huston 'to star in new Robin Hood film' - Jul 14, 2009
- Cate Blanchett wears Alexander McQueen to Cannes - May 13, 2010
- I didn't axe Miller from 'Robin Hood', says Crowe - Jan 29, 2010
- Russell Crowe Starer "Robin Hood" Trailer Is Out - Dec 16, 2009
- Blanchett pays tribute to McQueen at Cannes - May 13, 2010
- Movie Review: Robin Hood - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: alice in wonderland, basterds, brian helgeland, cannes premiere, cate blanchett, festival de cannes, film titles, l a confidential, lady marian, launch pad, matthew macfadyen, merry men, oscar contenders, quentin tarantino, ridley scott, robin returns, sheriff of nottingham, sherwood forest, tim burton, war hero