Robin Gibb’s death was caused by kidney failureMay 28th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, May 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb died of kidney failure last Sunday after a two-year battle with cancer and having recently suffering from pneumonia. Gibb’s son Robin John, better known as RJ had denied earlier reports that the singer died of cancer.
RJ, who is also a musician, claims that just three days before his death, the star had a seizure while watching DVDs. Gibb’s private funeral service is being organised by RJ and his mother Dwina. Some of the singer’s recording will be used in the funeral.
Roy Orbison’s ‘Crying’, may also be played at the service. Roy Orbison was one of Gibb’s favourite artists and friends.
Robin has four sons: RJ, who collaborated with his father in the song “Instant Love”,Spencer, who is 40, 37-year-old Melissa, from his first marriage, and Snow Robin, 3.
Snow Evelyn Robin Juliet Gibb, born after the singer had a private relationship with the housekeeper Claire Yang.
A passionate vegan and non-drinker, Gibb was one of the founding members of Bee Gees, one of the most popular and successful groups of all time. His music career spanned six decades, until his death last Sunday, at the age of 62.
- Dad died of kidney failure: Robin Gibb's son - May 27, 2012
- Gibb leaves 4 mn pounds for lovechild - May 28, 2012
- Gibb's dying wish to go home - Jun 12, 2012
- Robin Gibb in coma - Apr 14, 2012
- Singer Gibb's wife pays tribute on funeral - Jun 10, 2012
- Horse-drawn carriage to carry Gibb's coffin - Jun 07, 2012
- Robin Gibb unable to speak - May 17, 2012
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Gibb refused cancer scans: wife - Aug 19, 2012
- Robin Gibb is battling liver cancer - Nov 21, 2011
- Emeli Sande is back on the No. 1 spot with 'Our Version of Events' - May 28, 2012
- Heartaches could be payback time: Gibb - Mar 12, 2012
- Robin Gibb 'recovering from emergency stomach surgery' - Sep 03, 2010
- Robin Gibbs wife fuming over his lovechild with housekeeper - Feb 09, 2009
Tags: bee gees, evelyn, housekeeper, instant love, kidney failure, last sunday, melissa, music career, musician, non drinker, pneumonia, private funeral service, private relationship, robin gibb, roy orbison, seizure, six decades, son robin, spencer, vegan