Robin Gibb in comaApril 14th, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 14 (IANS) Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb, who has been battling cancer for the past few years, has gone into coma, following a bout of pneumonia.
The singer’s family, including wife Dwina and brother Barry, are keeping a vigil at his bedside at a private hospital here, with doctors thinking he may only have a few days to live, reports thesun.co.uk.
“Our prayers are with Robin. He has kept so positive and always believed he could beat this. Sadly, it looks like he has developed pneumonia, which is very bad in his situation,” said a family friend.
“If there is anyone you would put money on pulling through such a dire situation, it would be Robin because he is a fighter. But this is a battle he will struggle to win,” the friend added.
Gibb, 62, was part of Bee Gees alongside siblings Maurice and Barry. He was recently thought to be in remission from his cancer, but doctors are now believed to have found a second tumour.
Just last month he said he was excited to be back after his health problems and was keen to create some new work for his fans.
“I can’t wait to carry on with my work. I want all my fans to know their love helps me so much,” Gibb had said.
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Robin Gibb unable to speak - May 17, 2012
- Gibb's dying wish to go home - Jun 12, 2012
- Robin Gibb's death was caused by kidney failure - May 28, 2012
- Dad died of kidney failure: Robin Gibb's son - May 27, 2012
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- Robin Gibb battles pneumonia - Apr 09, 2012
- Singer Gibb's wife pays tribute on funeral - Jun 10, 2012
- "Sky News" Presenter Steve Dixon Blunders Over 'Bee Gees' Brothers - Oct 11, 2010
- Gibb refused cancer scans: wife - Aug 19, 2012
- Heartaches could be payback time: Gibb - Mar 12, 2012
- Horse-drawn carriage to carry Gibb's coffin - Jun 07, 2012
- Robin Gibb 'recovering from emergency stomach surgery' - Sep 03, 2010
- Sky presenter Steve Dixon makes a blunder over Bee Gee's - Oct 11, 2010
- Robin Gibb still grieves for his twin brother Maurice - Jan 13, 2009