Roberts appalled by ‘toxic’ pop culture festDecember 14th, 2007 - 2:50 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Dec 14(ANI): Hollywood star Julia Roberts is appalled by the kind of reports that the American people tend to read and watch on the TV.
The 40-year-old star spent her summer in a pop culture fest, reading gossip magazines and watching trash culture TV shows in an effort to understand why Americans are so obsessed with celebrities.
And, shes come to the conclusion that this kind of culture is polluting and toxic.
I’ve actually gone on a pop culture fest. The TV shows and gossip magazines - it seems so polluting and toxic now, Contactmusic quoted the star, as saying.
It’s exhausting just looking at a newsstand these days. Your eyes cross. You can’t even focus.
People aren’t as interested in making a cool movie or constructing interesting characters. Now it’s just about being big and shiny and fabulous,” she added.(ANI)
- Motherhood put an end to the Pretty Womans swearing - Dec 19, 2007
- Blake Lively dismisses SATC prequel rumours - Feb 09, 2011
- Madonna not keen to judge reality show - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Only Way Is Essex' star Mark Wright: 'Cheryl Cole is too thin for me' star - Sep 27, 2011
- TV Guide denies lightening Padma Lakshmi's skin on new mag cover - Dec 04, 2010
- Kourtney Kardashian collapsed after crash diet - Jul 13, 2010
- Katie Holmes sues Star magazine for $50m over 'drug shocker' cover - Mar 02, 2011
- ESPN unveiled its Body Issue 2011 Magazine - Oct 06, 2011
- Macca, Oprah Winfrey hailed at Kennedy Center Honors - Dec 06, 2010
- Kate Middleton's parents do their bit for the royal wedding - Mar 15, 2011
- I wasn't good looking as a child: Khloe Kardashian - May 18, 2011
- Amanda Seyfried was 'obsessed' with DiCaprio's 'Romeo and Juliet' - Feb 23, 2011
- Katy Perry trashes ex in 'Teenage Dream' track - Aug 09, 2010
- Spears inspires Paltrow's new movie - Dec 18, 2010
- Perry urges fans to avoid gossip - Jan 10, 2012