Robert Pattinson’s career dilemma helped him play new movie roleMay 5th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 5 (ANI): ‘Twilight’ star Robert Pattinson has revealed that the career dilemma he went through as a teenager helped him play the part of a man experiencing an identity crisis in his new film.
Pattinson, 22, recalled being torn between training to become an actor or pursuing academic success when he was younger, and how that period in his life helped him to relate to his role in “How To Be”.
“It’s just kind of feeling you don’t really know where you’re going in the world. At the time I thought that - I didn’t know if I wanted to be an actor, I didn’t know what I was doing, I hadn’t been to university,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“I was bumming around, not feeling particularly good at anything but at the same time desperately wanting to and thinking ‘You’ll never reach your own goals you set for yourself’,” he added.
Pattinson plays Art, a man who is going through a ‘quarter life crisis’, in the new movie.
He landed his first major role playing wizard Cedric Diggory in 2005’s Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. (ANI)
- Pattinson doesn't understand girls, says co-star - May 20, 2010
- Robert Pattinson reveals that he is a hopeless chef - Jul 05, 2010
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- Daniel Radcliffe to appear in new episode of 'The Simpsons'. - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Promising time for small films, but studios reluctant' - Mar 28, 2012
- Robert Pattinson Is Not A Chef - Jul 05, 2010
- Pattinson fears dying by 30! - Jun 16, 2010
- Radcliffe missed out on 'Harry Potter' golden egg - Nov 13, 2010
- Acting keeps Pattinson young - Nov 20, 2011
- Pattinson not worried about being typecast - Nov 20, 2011
- Children brought happiness in Depp's life - May 09, 2012
- Robert Pattinson strips off for 'Little Ashes' - Apr 17, 2009
- Didn't know my role was so big in 'Elephant': Pattinson - Apr 03, 2011
- Pattinson delicate to be a man - Mar 26, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' role is a dream come true: Andrew Garfield - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: academic success, cedric diggory, daily star, dilemma, goblet of fire, harry potter, harry potter and the goblet, harry potter and the goblet of fire, identity crisis, london, new film, quarter life crisis, robert pattinson, teenager, twilight star, wizard