Robert Downey Jr. wants Chris Martin for Sherlock Holmes film musicApril 7th, 2009 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 7 (ANI): ‘Iron Man’ star Robert Downey Jr. hopes that British alternative rock band Coldplay’s lead vocalist Chris Martin will perform the soundtrack of his new Sherlock Holmes film.
Downey Jr., 44, believes that Martin, 32, will be the right person for the musical score, as the rocker is a huge fan of the super sleuth.
The actor also revealed that the singer has been offering him tips about playing Holmes on the big screen, and that he hopes Martin will be a part of Guy Ritchie’s much-anticipated movie.
“We are hoping Chris Martin of Coldplay will contribute to our score,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“He’s a huge Sherlock Holmes fan. He told me you need to be really skinny, which is always the last thing you want to hear,” he added. (ANI)
- Robert Downey Jr. takes slimming tips from Coldplays Chris Martin - Feb 28, 2009
- Sherlock Holmes sequel a 'Bromance' - Nov 17, 2011
- When Downey Jr was intimidated by Pitt - Dec 16, 2009
- 'Sherlock Holmes 3' is in the pipeline - Oct 24, 2011
- Guy Ritchie to make 'Sherlock Homes' sequel in 3D - Jun 29, 2010
- Coldplay ventures into wristbands business - Nov 04, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan wants to date Guy Berryman - Aug 11, 2011
- Guy Ritchie launches recording company - Jan 12, 2010
- Rachel happy after revisiting her role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2' - May 18, 2011
- Downey Jr. may quit 'Gravity' - Oct 27, 2010
- Noomi Rapace's wardrobe trouble - Oct 31, 2011
- Robert Downey Jr to receive top Hollywood honour - Dec 03, 2009
- Burton wants Downey Jr. in 'Pinocchio' film - Jan 08, 2012
- 'Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows' predictable, but witty and intelligent (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 30, 2011
- Rihanna scares Chris Martin - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: alternative rock band, british alternative rock band, chris martin, coldplay, film music, guy ritchie, iron man, man star, musical score, robert downey, robert downey jr, sherlock holmes fan, sherlock holmes film, super sleuth, vocalist