Robert Downey Jr on how he would advice pal Charlie SheenNovember 3rd, 2010 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 03 (ANI): ‘Iron Man’ star Robert Downey Jr has opened up about his relationship with actor Charlie Sheen, and also revealed what he would say to his troubled pal.
Downey Jr, 45, who appeared on the ‘Today Show’ for his new movie, ‘Due Date’, was asked what words of advice he would give Sheen, 45, who was sent to the hospital after a Plaza Hotel suite cocaine-fuelled rage.
“I’d say whatever I would say to him,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying.
The ‘Sherlock Holmes’ star has been asked about Sheen often on his ‘Due Date’ press tour, and at the film’s premiere he answered some questions about his former high school classmate.
“The weird thing is that someone who’s been through it is expected to talk about it. I’d like to talk to Charlie, I’ve known him for ages,” he stated.
And on the David Letterman’s show, Downey Jr was asked what he’d say to put Sheen back on the straight and narrow.
“He’s a grown man. What am I gonna say? The only advice I would give him is, you know, don’t get arrested,” he stated. (ANI)
- "Today Show" Spiced Up By Robert Downey Jr On Tuesday - Nov 04, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr on how he would advice pal Mel Gibson - Nov 03, 2010
- I will host Golden Globes again if Sheen joins me, says Ricky Gervais - Mar 03, 2011
- Ricky Gervais Will Not Be Hosting the Golden Globes Again - Jan 20, 2011
- Jared Harris terrifies Robert Downey Jr - Dec 13, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's publicist Stan Rosenfield quits - Mar 01, 2011
- Downey Jr. stressed over turning 50 - Dec 06, 2011
- Charlie Sheen can't find porn star to serve her with extortion lawsuit - Mar 15, 2011
- Charlie Sheen took hooker, ex-wife on date before hotel incident - Oct 28, 2010
- Sheen hopes Kutcher will make him proud - Sep 17, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to give $1million as donation to USO - Jul 17, 2012
- Donald Trump warned Brooke Mueller's parents about Charlie Sheen - Mar 04, 2011
- Charlie Sheen 'wanted to release his own porn franchise' - Feb 04, 2011
- Hotel incident totally overblown, says Charlie Sheen - Oct 28, 2010
- Downey Jr. hasn't got his due: Amitabh - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: charlie sheen, cocaine, david letterman, due date, grown man, high school classmate, hotel suite, iron man, man star, new york daily news, pal charlie, plaza hotel, rage, robert downey, robert downey jr, sherlock holmes, today show, weird thing, words of advice, york daily news