Robert Downey Jr. Honored With Renaissance AwardJune 22nd, 2010 - 4:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 22, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Hollywood star Robert Downey Jr has been honored with the Gene Siskel Film Center’s Renaissance Award in Chicago for his contribution to cinema. The 45 year old actor was awarded in an event on Saturday at the Ritz Carlton Hotel.
A representative of the organization said, “Downey Jr is one of the most versatile actors of his generation, one who is held in high esteem. So he deserves to receive this honor.”
The Iron Man star has an alcohol and drug addiction history. His career graph includes some remarkable films like Tropic Thunder, Sherlock Holmes, Chaplin and The Incredible Hulk among others.
Downey said, “The movies like Tropic Thunder, Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man are the most representative of my work. These are my favorites too.”
Robert admitted that he is now completely free from addiction, which had spoilt his career between 1996 and 2003. He added, “I don’t think much about it. Now, I have realized that having a hangover is not at all a great feeling.”
The actor spent most time for the role of Tony Starks in Iron Man as it was his most desired role. But in case of his role in Chaplin, he did the most research. Downey also added that his acting was never affected by his history as a recovering drug addict.
Robert also has a passion for singing. He has sung for his films Two Girls and a Guy, Too Much Sun, Friends and Lovers, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Singing Detective.
– Sampurn Wire
- Downey Jr. hasn't got his due: Amitabh - Jul 18, 2011
- Burton wants Downey Jr. in 'Pinocchio' film - Jan 08, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr honoured in Chicago - Jun 22, 2010
- Downey Jr. may quit 'Gravity' - Oct 27, 2010
- Sherlock Holmes sequel a 'Bromance' - Nov 17, 2011
- Robert Downey Jr. receives film honour - Jun 21, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow got 'addict' advice from Robert Downey Jr. - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Sherlock Holmes' was grumpy: Downey Jr. - Aug 29, 2011
- Jared Harris terrifies Robert Downey Jr - Dec 13, 2011
- 'Sherlock Holmes 3' is in the pipeline - Oct 24, 2011
- A Film On Les Grossman, Tom Cruise's Abusive Character From Tropic Thunder - Jun 10, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr. to star in musical - Dec 07, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr to receive top Hollywood honour - Dec 03, 2009
- Robert Downey Jr quits 'Cowboys And Aliens' for Sherlock Holmes sequel - Jan 13, 2010
- Downey. Jr won't quit 'Iron Man' role - May 02, 2012
Tags: career graph, drug addiction, gene siskel film, gene siskel film center, hollywood star, incredible hulk, kiss kiss bang bang, man star, recovering drug addict, renaissance award, ritz carlton hotel, robert downey, robert downey jr, sherlock holmes, singing detective, sun friends, tony starks, tropic thunder, two girls and a guy, versatile actors