Robert De Niro turns mobster again for ‘Frankie Machine’November 14th, 2007 - 2:48 am ICT by admin
Mann previously directed De Niro in the 1995 movie “Heat.”
The film is based on the Don Winslow’s novel “The Winter of Frankie Machine,” reports Variety.
De Niro will play Frank Machianno, a mob hitman who has retired to run a bait shop. He agrees to help the son of a mob boss resolve a dispute with another Mafioso but is forced to turn into Frankie Machine again when he realizes he’s been set up to be killed.
The veteran actor will also be producing the pic along with Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca Films shingle.
Though De Niro has of late shunned mobster roles, he made an exception for ‘Frankie Machine’ after reading the Winslow novel well before it was published.
A draft was original written by Brian Koppelman and David Levien. (ANI)
- DiCaprio to star in film about online casinos - Jun 16, 2009
- Affleck, Timberlake to star in 'Runner, Runner' - Apr 16, 2012
- Documentary about Sir Elton John to open Tribeca festival - Mar 04, 2011
- De Niro to team up with Scorsese again - Mar 08, 2011
- Robert De Niro Makes It To The Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- De Niro, Pacino may team up for 'The Irishman' - Sep 19, 2010
- Al Pacino, Robert De Niro reunite for violent gangster movie - Sep 19, 2010
- Robert De Niro to head jury at this year's Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- Tribeca to screen transgender comedy despite protests - Mar 28, 2010
- 'Shrek' to open Tribeca film fest - Mar 02, 2010
- Martin Scorcese, Robert DeNiro to reunite after 15 yrs - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Road, Movie' first Hindi film to go to Tribeca: Abhay Deol - Mar 05, 2010
- Scorsese, De Niro team up after 15 years - Dec 14, 2010
- De Niro to star in I Heard You Paint Houses adaptation - Oct 02, 2008
- Italian group blasts mob wives - Apr 21, 2011