Robert De Niro to expand his eatery empireMay 20th, 2009 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 20 (ANI): Actor Robert De Niro, who owns more than 20 restaurants around the world, has now set his sights on one of New York’s most famous restaurants - Central Park’s Tavern on the Green.
The Oscar winner is a regular diner at the Tavern, which has appeared in movies such as ‘Wall Street’, ‘The Out-of-Towners’ and ‘Ghostbusters’ and is currently the second highest grossing restaurant in the U.S.
“I’ve always liked Tavern on the Green: I remember when I was a kid, I would see movies with it in it, and it’s just a great place. I think it could be terrific,” Contactmusic quoted De Niro as telling New York Magazine.
“You know I talked to somebody about it. It would have to be under such a good situation with no nonsense (to run it),” he added. (ANI)
- Robert De Niro becomes grandpa - May 23, 2009
- Robert De Niro 'to launch Cheryl Cole's film career' - Jun 27, 2010
- Robert de Niro barred from hotel! - Mar 15, 2012
- Robert De Niro Speaks About His Experience On 'Little Fockers' - Dec 18, 2010
- When De Niro disguised himself as homeless man - Mar 03, 2012
- Milla Jovovich says it was 'super cool' working with Robert De Niro - Sep 15, 2010
- Robert De Niro to mentor Cheryl Cole? - Jun 27, 2010
- Robert De Niro feels freer doing comedy - Dec 18, 2010
- Statham's next actioner for the thinking man - Sep 20, 2011
- Robert De Niro to head jury at this year's Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- Al Pacino, Robert De Niro reunite for violent gangster movie - Sep 19, 2010
- Robert De Niro becomes grandpa again - Mar 20, 2011
- Uggie the dog has retired - Jan 27, 2012
- De Niro's apartment catches fire - Jun 09, 2012
- Stewart fuels dating rumours as she supports Pattinson at film premiere - Mar 03, 2010