Robert De Niro ordered to pay $30,000 to nannyJanuary 22nd, 2011 - 5:33 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 22 (IANS) Hollywood actress Robert De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower have been ordered by a court to give a nanny $30,000.The couple were sued by Alexis Barry, who claimed they never paid her (nanny) for more than 750 hours of overtime for looking after their 12-year-old son, Elliott.
Manhattan Supreme Court in New York awarded the settlement, but released a stipulation forbidding either party discussing the case.
“The parties will keep the terms of this settlement confidential, as well as any matter related to Barry’s employment,” contactmusic.com quoted the stipulation as saying.
Barry was hired by the couple in August 2006, earning $31.25 an hour, with a $46.88 overtime rate, to take care of their son. She worked for the couple for just under a year, before being fired in June 2007, two weeks after she informed them she was quitting.
Her lawsuit claimed Robert, 67, and Grace didn’t pay her for overtime or $496 in expenses.
- Robert De Niro, Grace Hightower to settle nanny lawsuit with $30K - Jan 21, 2011
- Nanny sues Robert De Niro over unpaid wages - Apr 05, 2009
- De Niro's former nanny sues over back pay - Apr 05, 2009
- At 68, De Niro a dad again - Dec 24, 2011
- Nanny talks about Anna Nicole's last days - Sep 08, 2010
- De Niro's apartment catches fire - Jun 09, 2012
- Sharon Stone sued by former nanny - May 25, 2012
- Britney Spears Sued By Nanny Over Unpaid Wages - Oct 04, 2010
- Gibson to pay $750,000 to ex-girlfriend - Sep 01, 2011
- De Niro refuses to attend White House ceremony without kids - Dec 06, 2009
- Britney sued by former nanny for $35,202 of unpaid work - Oct 02, 2010
- Robert De Niro to become a grandfather again - Dec 09, 2010
- Suvari opts of out-of-court divorce settlement - May 20, 2012
- Was treated as a slave in Britain: Indian housekeeper - Feb 24, 2012
- Elderly director sues woman over 'faked romance' - Aug 07, 2012