Robbie Williams wants to rejoin boy band Take ThatDecember 11th, 2008 - 7:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 11 (ANI): English singer-songwriter Robbie Williams has expressed his wish to rejoin his former boy band ”Take That”.
Williams, 34, who recently bought a 7million pounds historic Wiltshire mansion in Britain, has been living in LA for five years, but he now wants to shift base and be with the band again.
“I”d love to be in the band again,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“I”d like to think we”d be the only band in the history of music to get together because of artistic differences,” he said.
The singer, who had fallen out with the others in the band, has the Take That symbol tattooed on his right arm as a sign of support for his chart topping former band mates.
He and singer Gary Barlow have had formal discussions about recording a one-off reunion gig for a DVD, and they talked again when they met at an Arsenal football match last month.
Williams penned an emotional message about his plans on his Inner Sanctum website on December 10.
“Just thought I”d set a few things straight about me and the boys. We got together a lot over the summer. It was amazing. We”ve all matured a lot since we parted. I”m very pleased to say the differences we”ve had have just melted away,” he wrote.
“We had a lot of serious chats. Everything we had problems with each other about just boils down to one thing - victims of circumstance. No one was right, no one was wrong, it just ”was”.
“We mainly laughed, which is what we used to do in the early days. In fact we didn”t really stop. Bellyache laughs - I”ve missed ”em. Bellyache laughs and the boys.
“After they left I felt like a ton of bricks had been removed from my shoulders. We”d put right what an awful lot of other broken bands fail to do.
“I celebrated by getting the Take That symbol tattooed on my right arm. I”m proud to know the boys and I”m proud to have been in the band.
“The thing that struck me the most was how much fun they”re having It’’s more rewarding when you”re a gang. Ever since I left Take That I”ve wanted to be in a band.
“I”m over the moon for the boys. I was worried at first. I was following their meteoric return, but every photo of the lads I saw they didn”t look happy.
“Then they just seemed to take full stride again. Having met up with them I can tell you they”re having a ball.
“I”m really proud. I love the new album too - haven”t stopped listening to it.
“I”d love to be in the band again but I”ve got some unfinished business of my own,” he added.
A spokesman for Williams refused to comment last night. (ANI)
- Williams wants to team up with Barlow - Sep 10, 2012
- Hugh Jackman planning concerts in London - Jul 23, 2011
- Randeep to take tips from Sehwag for 'Heroine' role? - Nov 25, 2011
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011
- Eliza Doolittle won't mind stripping! - May 17, 2011
- Ram Charan Teja will let silence speak louder in 'Zanjeer' - Apr 14, 2012
- Robbie Williams 'negotiating' baby with Field - Oct 12, 2010
- Beyonce thought she would be 'retired by 30' - Mar 06, 2011
- Britney 'dreads sex chat with sons' - Jul 08, 2010
- Cheryl Cole hopes to be friends with ex-husband - Oct 24, 2010
- No dating for Sarah Harding - Jul 15, 2012
- Slash proud of Guns N' Roses - May 21, 2012
- Adele wants to date Prince Harry - Jun 09, 2011
- Andre is nervous about love - Jul 09, 2011
- I am Lazy: Noel Gallagher - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: arsenal football, artistic differences, band mates, emotional message, english singer songwriter, football match, formal discussions, gary barlow, history of music, laughs, london, love, reunion gig, right arm, robbie williams, shoulders, sun, ton of bricks, victims of circumstance